What brand of brake booster should I go with?

Ali jahwari

I want to change my power brake booster.
Kindly advise which brand is the best?
For jeep wrangler tj 97 wheels 33 rim 15

IMG-20220108-WA0014.jpg

You have a transfer case drop may I suggest looking into a slip yoke eliminator and getting rid of the transfer case. You can also remove your door surrounds if your not using a soft top.

Best is OEM Mopar.
how about for the master cylinder? Is it as critical? Just ordered BMBs, still putting together a list of other components to replace while at it. I was able to order a new mopar booster but now I’m thinking about the master as well.

I saw online a popular modification on TJs and XJs is upgrading the brakes from a WJ, etc. does that mean you also have to upgrade the master cylinder and brake booster?

I saw online a popular modification on TJs and XJs is upgrading the brakes from a WJ, etc. does that mean you also have to upgrade the master cylinder and brake booster?
No, the TJ and WJ run the same 1" bore master with a very similar size dual diaphragm booster. That is due to the stock TJ single piston caliper having about the same piston surface area as the dual pistons in the WJ calipers.

A few things, you need 16" rims to clear the WJ calipers or shallow backspaced 15" rims. The trackbar has to be shortened and the importance of how crappy that is fails to be mentioned by those with the swap. If you don't want bumpsteer, then you need to move the axle end of the trackbar.

The swap involves welding to cast iron as well.

The biggest issue is the shortage of good OEM knuckles and the ones from Crown being poor Chinese copies.