What can I do to preserve my soft top?

Apcrain

I live in southeast Alaska and have a soft top on my 06 tj. It rains alot. What can I do to preserve my top
Any advice will be appreciated

Welcome!
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Limit exposure to the elements as much as possible, i.e. keep it in a garage, under a carport/shed, or even just a cab/top cover. Keep the top clean and protected with a decent product, I use 303.

Reactions: DaveC
The less you put it up and down, the longer it'll last as well. The soft top on my 2004 had NEVER been down - since I've had it the only thing I do is R&R the side windows, in lockstep with switching out the full doors for my half doors.

I would recommend 303 Fabric Guard over the standard protectant. I have wondered if it's as effective on the "diamond" fabric as it is on the twills. It restores the water repellency and protects it. I just put it on a black diamond Trektop NX that had embedded dirt spots I could not remove with a power washer and it hid those perfectly as well.

303 Fabric Guard - Restores Water and Stain Repellency To Factory New Levels, Simple and Easy To Use, Manufacturer Recommended, Safe For All Fabrics, 32oz (30606CSR) Packaging May Vary https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KMYYQ36/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: 707kevin
I've tried 303 for convertible tops and not sure if it was much different on my dismond quadra top

How good is it at restoring a slightly weathered soft top?
Twill or diamond vinyl like material? Twill or denim use 303 Fabric Guard, vinly like material 303 Protectant. I put the fabric guard on my vinyl and it did a great job of restoring some sheen and re-waterproofing it. I would likely try the protectant the next time around. That may be a bit more restorative to that material.