What can I install next?

R3ID05TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have the following pile of parts that have been waiting to go on the Jeep for quite some time. Been trying to knock out things here and there myself because I don't have the 3-5 grand for a shop to install everything. Got another 2 legger coming in a couple months. It seems like I am stuck trying to check things off the list here and there one bite at a time. Correct me if I am wrong but everything else needs something else to be installed with it or already installed. Such as Currectlync can't go on stock height suspension. Same with ORO SwayLoc. Same with the control arms. Can't just throw lifted springs and shocks on by themselves. Can't install the JB SSSYE without the Tom Woods DC driveshaft which was custom cut for it with a lifted suspension. Been debating on 33's or 35's but I don't have the tires yet and won't buy them until they are ready to go on because I don't want them sitting on the shelf for a year or two until the Jeep is ready. What has been crossed out I have already installed.

Currie CE-9701 Currectlync
ORO Jeep TJ SwayLOC front swaybar kit
Currie CE-9100AS Johny Joint adjustable control arm set
RockJock CE-9123N Rear Track Bar w/ RockJock Housing Bracket Kit
RockJock CE-9120TJS Johnny Joint Front Track Bar
3" BDS front springs
2" BDS rear springs
Rancho rs5000x shocks RS55239
Rancho rs5000x shocks RS55241
1.25" Savvy Body Lift
M.O.R.E. 1" bomb proof motor mount lift
SAVVY 4wd transfer case shifter cable kit

Black Magic brakes 477 pads
Centric Front Rotors
JB Conversions SSSYE
Tom Woods driveshaft
Spidertrax 1.25" Thick Wheel Spacers
BFG 33 or 35x12.50 T/A K02 tires
Ultra 50/51 15x8 wheels
Garvin EXT Series rear bumper and tire carrier system with optimal top cargo basket and optional Jerry can holder
Wizard Recovery Gear ST Fairlead

Oh BTW this is my daily driver so I can't just park it in the garage and take it apart for days, weeks, months etc...

I have the following pile of parts that have been waiting to go on the Jeep for quite some time. Been trying to knock out things here and there myself because I don't have the 3-5 grand for a shop to install everything. Got another 2 legger coming in a couple months. It seems like I am stuck trying to check things off the list here and there one bite at a time. Correct me if I am wrong but everything else needs something else to be installed with it or already installed. Such as Currectlync can't go on stock height suspension. Same with ORO SwayLoc. Same with the control arms. Can't just throw lifted springs and shocks on by themselves. Can't install the JB SSSYE without the Tom Woods DC driveshaft which was custom cut for it with a lifted suspension. Been debating on 33's or 35's but I don't have the tires yet and won't buy them until they are ready to go on because I don't want them sitting on the shelf for a year or two until the Jeep is ready. What has been crossed out I have already installed.

Currie CE-9701 Currectlync
ORO Jeep TJ SwayLOC front swaybar kit
Currie CE-9100AS Johny Joint adjustable control arm set
RockJock CE-9123N Rear Track Bar w/ RockJock Housing Bracket Kit
RockJock CE-9120TJS Johnny Joint Front Track Bar
3" BDS front springs
2" BDS rear springs
Rancho rs5000x shocks RS55239
Rancho rs5000x shocks RS55241
1.25" Savvy Body Lift
M.O.R.E. 1" bomb proof motor mount lift
SAVVY 4wd transfer case shifter cable kit

Black Magic brakes 477 pads
Centric Front Rotors
JB Conversions SSSYE
Tom Woods driveshaft
Spidertrax 1.25" Thick Wheel Spacers
BFG 33 or 35x12.50 T/A K02 tires
Ultra 50/51 15x8 wheels
Garvin EXT Series rear bumper and tire carrier system with optimal top cargo basket and optional Jerry can holder
Wizard Recovery Gear ST Fairlead

Oh BTW this is my daily driver so I can't just park it in the garage and take it apart for days, weeks, months etc...

If you can only do a little at a time go springs and shocks first. They're only like 2.5 inch springs. Deal with the vibes for a bit while the springs settle.

The next bit is the arms track bar and SYE. Do those together. Go together "like lamb and tuna fish" if you drag your feet enough you'll only have to adjust pinion once.

Tires and brakes go together too.

Sway lock and fairlead whenever you can squeeze em in. Most independent mods in your bucket.

Just my take anyway.

Reactions: R3ID05TJ
Most folks problem is they can't afford to buy it all at once. You seem to be able to afford to buy it all at once, but you must have lame friends who can't turn wrench with you to knock it all out in a weekend. 😁. Plenty of forum members in AZ. Just sayin...

If you can only do a little at a time go springs and shocks first. They're only like 2.5 inch springs. Deal with the vibes for a bit while the springs settle.

The next bit is the arms track bar and SYE. Do those together. Go together "like lamb and tuna fish" if you drag your feet enough you'll only have to adjust pinion once.

Tires and brakes go together too.

Sway lock and fairlead whenever you can squeeze em in. Most independent mods in your bucket.

Just my take anyway.

Why not the arms and track bar with the springs and shocks?

Those springs, with the body lift, will be fine for 33-inchers. 35s might be a little tight in there. So now ya know, go buy some. (I find it very easy to spend other people's money :) )

Reactions: DavidBT
Grab a weekend and do it all at once. You can leave out fairlead and swayloc. To get the springs in and out you will have to disconnect the track bars and disconnect one end of the shocks. With the wheels off it is only 4 bolts a side to replace rotors and pads. You can do the spacers when you get the tires.

Reactions: R3ID05TJ
Most folks problem is they can't afford to buy it all at once. You seem to be able to afford to buy it all at once, but you must have lame friends who can't turn wrench with you to knock it all out in a weekend. 😁. Plenty of forum members in AZ. Just sayin...

Lol you hit the nail on the head.

Those springs, with the body lift, will be fine for 33-inchers. 35s might be a little tight in there. So now ya know, go buy some. (I find it very easy to spend other people's money :) )

I kinda bought em on a whim. Seemed like a real popular option at the time and this being a daily driver wasn't going too crazy but I've been eyeballing some 4" springs lately. My plan wasn't to do 35's but since I accidentally got everything to do them the idea was on the table.

I guess I just need to buck up one of these weekends. Maybe take an extra day off work and just knock out either everything, or chucks of what's left. Other problem right now is that its 105-110 outside for the foreseeable forecast. Even if somebody could come by and help with a BFH it would still be miserable for both of us.

Why not the arms and track bar with the springs and shocks?

I see your point. Easier for springs to come back out or at least go full droop to do the arms...

I double down on my other point, he needs some wrenching pals to help him knock it out.

Good feeling to hop into a huge completed project that works well together rather than making your way through the whole process incrementally.

Last edited: