What color should I paint my half doors?

Mud... that's my color of choice...followed by snow...

White makes the mud pop better...black makes snow pop...so technically you need two sets depending on the season...

-Mac

Reactions: John Cooper
What color are the doors on a Jurassic Park copy?
red, green and yellow
JP_mov_xlt2.png

Last edited:
Gloss black would be better but you need to do a really good job or it will look like shit unless you have a full re spray! the smaller the area the less you have to take your eye off the paint job, that's the reason it costs so much to have a bike tank painted gloss black.

I would get them wrapped in flat black with the hood bump done in flat black Vinyl if they are an on off thing.
Looks like your tube doors are Grey which look good with the grey flares but the doors are too solid to be grey.

I have an all black with black painted flares and have stopped restoring the faded plastic & rubber trim bits to break it up. Cant wait to get my white wheels and make everyone LOL :)

I am another +1 to get rid of the Red hooks and hood latches I would also take off the White WRANGLER and get some made in metallic grey to match the flares.

Last edited:
While I am not a fan of black, it seems like every jeep I have had was PX8 black.
It looks great when you spend half a day washing and detailing it, but one trip to the store and it's covered in dust.
I wash and polish mine and the next morning it looks the same as before the wash and that's not even driving it anywhere!

All black with a black hard top must have looked nice when it first rolled off the line.

stick with painting the doors the stock black, same as the jeep, or..... paint the whole thing blue, its kind of a nice blue

Reactions: John Cooper