What did you do to your TJ today?

Cleaned and painted (most of) frame and skid plate. Not real concerned with the rust on the plate, this will be updated eventually as the build continues. The paint was cheap so I figured I would give it a go. This is on a 2004, gave it a brand new look and didn't take much time.
Snapchat-680371097.jpg
Snapchat-1179850447.jpg

Cleaned and painted (most of) frame and skid plate. Not real concerned with the rust on the plate, this will be updated eventually as the build continues. The paint was cheap so I figured I would give it a go. This is on a 2004, gave it a brand new look and didn't take much time.
View attachment 234784View attachment 234785

Next you gotta get rid of that TC drop. :)

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Very nice job. Give me your location and I will drop my Jeep off so you can do mine. I will pay you.
p.s. I just deleted and rewrote my post many times to satisfy the "WOKE".
Lol I'm just excited "TheBoogieman" responded to one of my post! I'm in eastern NC not real far from the coast so the rust struggle is real but I was impressed with this paint, time will tell how it holds up.

12V from the cigarette lighter. I plan to do a dedicated line when I finally get my aux fuse block in but the lighter has worked for 10+ years and is right there to solder into.
Awesome, that's a nice easy ignition switched wire to get to.

Tested my factory blower switch with a multimeter and position 3 only works if it's held at an angle... so I ordered a Mopar replacement I was able to find at Rock Auto. i'll be picking up some relays to see what I can't do to help these switch bodies out. I'm even tempted to leave position 1 on the switch disconnected so I can get fresh air without the motor running on the highway. I know some people wire up a motor interrupt switch, but If I had an off setting, I'd never need to run the blower on position 1 anyways

Reactions: Blondie70
I run 35” tires, my RPM at 65mph is at 2800, at 75 is at 3300
I know it goes against what should be happening, but running up around 32, 3300 I can almost see my fuel gauge drop. I don't particularly mind poor mileage, but I do mind having to stop so dang often on trips. 60mph at 2500rpm feels like my sweet spot, although that could entirely be wrong and high RPM just "feels wrong" to me. At least, I secretly hope I'm wrong

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I've been tinkering with the stereo in my 2004 kermit. About 6 months ago I purchased some MTX terminator 4x6 up front and 5.25s for the rear. I blew the rears already! Lack of bass and shrill highs made me adjust the bass too high on my head unit and kill the surrounds.
Last week I ordered some prime 6.5" RF components, fiber fill and closed cell foam baffles for the rear speaker pods. View attachment 234365
I apologize for the condensation as spring time in PA has it raining in my jeep with condensation! Anyways, I then wanted to make sure the speakers weren't working against themselves so I then pulled the head unit (installed by previous owner) to check polarity. I found a surprise! Behind the alpine head unit was hiding a little gem of a unit.View attachment 234366
That is a nice little 4 channel amplifier designed to boost the output of the amplifier. I'm wondering if the over excursion of the rear speakers was due to too much powa! I cleaned up the wiring harness and re-installed it on top of the left vent tube under the steering wheel. hopefully this fixes the random rattles behind my dash as the previous owner used double sided tape which doesnt exactly stick anymore. I chose zip ties to attach it to the top side of the vent tube. Next week will be a good week for further improving the TJ's interior. Im adding storage and a little sound deadener (by design) to the rear cargo area.
I had one of those in my JKU and it was great for the overhead speakers. I left the Alpine booster at a flat level, and used the head unit for the sound tweaking. Match your polarity correctly and you should be good.

I know it goes against what should be happening, but running up around 32, 3300 I can almost see my fuel gauge drop. I don't particularly mind poor mileage, but I do mind having to stop so dang often on trips. 60mph at 2500rpm feels like my sweet spot, although that could entirely be wrong and high RPM just "feels wrong" to me. At least, I secretly hope I'm wrong
Oh’, I agree! Jeep TJs gas mileage suck for the most part anyway.

There comes a time in this never ending love affair with building/modifying a Jeep that you have to decide, all in on performance or looks or what ever your niche is, or to pretty much leave them stock.

I have put about 300 miles on the new gears. Filled up twice ( still have over half a tank) I have estimated my mileage at roughly 12mpg!

Going from 4:88 to 5:13 I really HAVE NOT seen any change from road/hwy driving. I do not expect a big change in wheeling, but can not verify yet!

Like most of life, buy high, sell low, and get F*#kED everywhere you go!

Oh’, I agree! Jeep TJs gas mileage suck for the most part anyway.

There comes a time in this never ending love affair with building/modifying a Jeep that you have to decide, all in on performance or looks or what ever your niche is, or to pretty much leave them stock.

I have put about 300 miles on the new gears. Filled up twice ( still have over half a tank) I have estimated my mileage at roughly 12mpg!

Going from 4:88 to 5:13 I really HAVE NOT seen any change from road/hwy driving. I do not expect a big change in wheeling, but can not verify yet!

Like most of life, buy high, sell low, and get F*#kED everywhere you go!
12 and change is about what I get. In a couple of weekends I'll be doing a lot of highway driving. I'll try 27 PSI instead of 25 and see if I get any improvement. Still trying out different pressures on the new tires as well.

My first look at this picture and I thought "wow, someone is doing dually on a Jeep. That's weird, but COOL!"
If you ever watch Dirt Every Day on Motor Trend, they tried to make their TJ Tub Sock float by adding tons of tires to each side. Not the best episode, but it was still pretty funny. It immediately came to mind when I did this.