What did you do to your TJ today?

Moved the lights from the ends to the middle,getting ready to chop the xxxxxy bilt bumperšŸ˜
A8374159-C39C-4C87-AE7A-980F503F3C16.jpeg

today was 100% random, plan was a simple bike ride so I tossed the bike on the rack & went down to my girlfriend's house & we did a nice ride. Was a perfectly sunny & warm day & early enough in the afternoon so I suggested we grab a beer at a little joint a few blocks from her house, we've passed it 1000 times over the years but haven't been there to check out their outdoor 'covid' spot. We got there around 2pm & were just about the only ones there but as time wore on people started trickling in as a band started setting up. Turns out it was a 70's tribute band called Lovelace that kicked ass in ways I can't even describe, these guys were freakin amazing, every song they did was spot-on. Here's a short clip I managed to grab:

View attachment 281169

here's their playlist:

https://lovelace70sband.com/music
Days like this are a gift

The best performances are often the ones you donā€™t expect- my wife and I hit a place night and 2 guys with acoustic guitars were phenomenal, covering the Eagles and similar genre tunes. We still talk about it decades later.

Reactions: John Cooper
My rear sway bar bolt lower was hitting a control arm on the drivers side, so I put some stops on it short term til I get my 2 piece shaft collars. I had a front one drift once- not sure what causes that but have seen it occasionally.
5996E56C-31A3-460E-9D6D-ED8ADC274CB4.jpeg

The best performances are often the ones you donā€™t expect- my wife and I hit a place night and 2 guys with acoustic guitars were phenomenal, covering the Eagles and similar genre tunes. We still talk about it decades later.
No doubt, these things always begin when you have no expectationsā€¦

This bar opened in 1951 & has had 9 lives since. It was a regular neighborhood bar when I was a kid in the 70s before turning into a disco bar, had a giant cheesy sign that flashed ā€œDiscoā€ then the last few letters lit up spelling Discoveryā€¦ a renaissance or two later & now itā€™s ā€œTom & Jerry'sā€ sports bar. Theyā€™ve got a few outdoor spots, a covered deck & a couple tents, the deck was packed with screaming Eagles fans, games of which I couldnā€™t care less about so we jumped in the empty ā€˜band tentā€™ just to grab the beers & some food, caught completely by surprise when these guys showed up & played the music of my youth. Seemed an odd time for a band to be booked, 4pm on a Sunday but I'll take itā€¦

IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG

couple shots I grabbed off the original bar's Face Book page

Tom & Jerry.jpg

Tom & Jerrys 2.jpg
Tom & Jerrys 3.jpg

"Supa" Heat šŸ˜†

Tom N Jerrys 1.jpg

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

Tom & Jerrys 2.jpg

Seemed an odd time for a band to be booked, 4pm on a Sunday but I'll take itā€¦
Sometimes a venue like this will have a performer show up at an off time just to try them out and see what they're all about. I had that happen once when I approached a restaurant about being their house dancer (I got the gig).

I bet that made one hell of racket running that through the frame.
No,itā€™s not bad,it pulverized the rust and then it pressure washed out through the half inch holes above the lower control arm mounts,tape up the holes in the frame and the Eastwood stuff is MONEY!it dries so nice šŸ‘

No,itā€™s not bad,it pulverized the rust and then it pressure washed out through the half inch holes above the lower control arm mounts,tape up the holes in the frame and the Eastwood stuff is MONEY!it dries so nice šŸ‘
Did you get much in the way of overspray or dripping? The boss would give me an ass whoopin' if i got that stuff on the driveway. Be sleeping on the couch for a while if that happened. šŸ˜‚