What did you do to your TJ today?

New axle shafts!
20211009_173901.jpg

i have the fronts too but the stub shafts are on backorder apparently.

Reactions: DuncLJ and L J
finally installed the receiver hitch, almost 18 years of crud and some light rust caused me to break out the sawzall on one of the bolts holding the factory tow hook. i'd post pics, but its just a receiver hitch... i can finally tow my trailer again since the transmission in the frontier is slipping.

Reactions: Hog
It was skid plate day. I installed UCF's extra clearance TC skid and engine skid. While I was in there I installed a Savvy TC cable.

I installed the TC skid with a drop kit, as I don't have adjustable control arms or a SYE yet. Still ended up with a slight harmonic vibration that starts at about 55 mph. Put an angle finder on the TC and the rear axle, and measured a difference of 2-1/2°. The front of the axle needs to come down. Can I adjust this with just adjustable control arms for now?

20211010_121048.jpg

20211010_120855.jpg

20211010_121016.jpg

Finally got it on the road again after installing the lift. Only got it up to 50 mph before turning around but it felt good. Need to get alignment and recenter the steering wheel.

The OEM cross member for the engine/transmission skid plate is definitely making contact with the front driveshaft. Good excuse to buy a new one.

Looking at either MORE or UCF right now.

It was skid plate day. I installed UCF's extra clearance TC skid and engine skid. While I was in there I installed a Savvy TC cable.

I installed the TC skid with a drop kit, as I don't have adjustable control arms or a SYE yet. Still ended up with a slight harmonic vibration that starts at about 55 mph. Put an angle finder on the TC and the rear axle, and measured a difference of 2-1/2°. The front of the axle needs to come down. Can I adjust this with just adjustable control arms for now?

View attachment 282568

View attachment 282565

View attachment 282567
I've been thinking about trying the UCF Extra Clearance Skid on my Unlimited along with a 1.25" Savvy BL and a 1" MML. Right now, I only have a 2.5" lift, Savvy shifter cable and stock control arms with no vibration issues. Wondering if it's doable without having to get adjustable CA's

Reactions: SoCalGlide
I've been thinking about trying the UCF Extra Clearance Skid on my Unlimited along with a 1.25" Savvy BL and a 1" MML. Right now, I only have a 2.5" lift, Savvy shifter cable and stock control arms with no vibration issues. Wondering if it's doable without having to get adjustable CA's
I think it would with a 2-2/2" lift.
I've got a 4" lift, and a 1" MML and I guess I'm wondering the same thing. I've gone ahead and ordered Savvy control arms. We'll give that a try, a SYE may likely be in my future as well.

Replaced door pin bushings with the Quadratec Delrin bushing set. Went smoothly, but discovered that one of the door hinge pins was sheared off. Ordered a pair of replacements. Also found the driver-side has already been replaced, as the tops of the pins are not painted to match. Now I know the first thing I'll use that can of PJC touch-up paint on :)

20211010_204744.jpg

Removed an alarm system sticker. Looks to be decades old. For a change, something went easier than expected.

20211010_170307.jpg

Started prototyping a mount for a CJ-style passenger mirror so I can go from hard-doors to soft-doors to doorless without moving mirrors. I always liked this on my CJ (looking through the windshield to see passenger-side blindspot), so if this works, I'll convert both my TJ and LJ.

20211010_170438.jpg