What did you do to your TJ today?

What GPS are you running, Tommy?
I went groveling back to Garmin. I stumped up for a overlander.

It’s huge. I put a ram mount that holds it tight.

20357514-A4DA-43C8-8FAD-9CF602B6D2FF.jpeg

185F1679-D761-4F29-99DA-CEBE3537D1A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty sure this pic violates forum rules and results in a suspension until the offense is rectified. I'll leave it to @Chris to arbitrate this.... ;)
Ahh man got caught. It’s a video op. I need a new sticker. Note the go pro mount on the edge of the TC skid. Did that back when I was a new TJ owner. My apologies. I will fix it and post correction.

😇

Can you guys not licence/register a TJ in a non inspection state and just use it without inspection in another state that requires inspection? We can in OZ :) just need a friend in a non inspection state Like where I live!
I've got my 6 monthly one due this Friday......always a roll of the dice with my TJ.😬

Reactions: John Cooper
Can you guys not licence/register a TJ in a non inspection state and just use it without inspection in another state that requires inspection? We can in OZ :) just need a friend in a non inspection state Like where I live!
You can, if you have an actual residence in another state. DMV is worse than cops here and they can revoke your license without going to court.
p.s. I know the laws in Va very well. My first 10 years with a license, I lost it for 7.5 years. I drove daily anyway. 🤫

Last edited:
  • Haha
You can, if you have an actual residence in another state. DMV is worse than cops here and they can revoke your license without going to court.
My brother was an interstate road train driver and has loads of people who live at his house "Not" lol They get a west australian licence and when they loose there interstate licence they drive on the west australian one! also the yearly tax is cheaper here so they can run West australian plates even though they operate in another state. They dont live in west australia because the speed is 3 times the price and harder to get! :)

Reactions: TheBoogieman
My brother was an interstate road train driver and has loads of people who live at his house "Not" lol They get a west australian licence and when they loose there interstate licence they drive on the west australian one! also the yearly tax is cheaper here so they can run West australian plates even though they operate in another state. They dont live in west australia because the speed is 3 times the price and harder to get! :)
Australia is the only place I'd like to visit IF Covid is ever "in check". All other places don't interest me. Must be the "most venomous snake species on earth" thing. With my luck, I'll be drinking a PBR, get bit and die talking to Fishtaco, before I can ask him if England or Australia is better.😷

What do they actually check and do different places check different stuff?
Quite a few things...and its a set standard across the country..... this is a brief list below. but they get under the car and check things thoroughly.
Takes about 30 mins. anything older than 2000 (I think) needs a 6 monthly check. new cars can be a year or every 2 years.
If it fails you cant get insurance and cops will ticket you as its not aloud on the road.
My Jeep failed once because I had a standard bulb and Led in the same H4 headlight housing ...stupid crap like that.

What gets checked?​

• Tyre condition (including tread depth)
  • Brake operation...and test
  • Structural condition (rust or other damage isn't allowed in certain areas)
  • Lights (are all bulbs working and are your headlights aligned?)
  • Glazing (is your windscreen safe and clear?)
  • Windscreen washers and wipers (do they work and are they clean?)
  • Doors (are they secure and do they open and close safely?)
  • Safety belts (must not be faded or damaged; buckles must work properly)
  • Airbags, anti-lock brakes and electronic stability control
  • Speedometer (must be working)
  • Steering and suspension (must be safe, secure and effective)
  • Exhaust (there must be no leaks and the exhaust must not be too loud or smokey)
  • Fuel system (there must be no leaks)

What do they actually check and do different places check different stuff?
We have Zero checks in west australia, I think its the only state? you have to get pulled over by Mr plod or a scaley and given a non compliance where you have 4 weeks to go to an inspection centre where they check everything with a fine tooth comb, "Yellow Licky" :) Its a yellow sticker they put on your windshield.

We have Zero checks in west australia, I think its the only state? you have to get pulled over by Mr plod or a scaley and given a non compliance where you have 4 weeks to go to an inspection centre where they check everything with a fine tooth comb, "Yellow Licky" :) Its a yellow sticker they put on your windshield.
I'm moving there soon. :unsure:

• Haha
Australia is the only place I'd like to visit IF Covid is ever "in check". All other places don't interest me. Must be the "most venomous snake species on earth" thing. With my luck, I'll be drinking a PBR, get bit and die talking to Fishtaco, before I can ask him if England or Australia is better.😷
Most aussies have never ever seen a snake! but they start coming out of hibernation in October for the sun and mostly slither away from people!

Perth is a secret! Its a bit like living in USA, We copied a lot of it! Most people who come here dont want to leave!
Its been likened to a CA Hollywood dream factory in the 1950,s for lifestyle, even our malls look like US malls!

We still have "Zero Covid 19" and zero restrictions, go figure? You can go to work in shorts during winter and 90% of the population live less than 5 miles from a clear white sandy un crowded beach and even closer to a pristine river but it gets a bit boring having a 7 month Summer.

Visiting US Navy Fleet have their hands full with the amount of Sailors and even marines who "jump Ship" every visit :)

That too - but I was thinking about what happened to my '87 F-250. Added cab lites, illuminated running boards, and extra lites across the back. Then pulled a fifth wheel trailer with its array of lites. The headlite switch connector ended up looking just like the one we're discussing!

Doesn't take that much to melt the connectors.

Installed a set of 100/800 bulbs in an IPF housing installed in one of my JKs... Melted the three pin connectors in less than a week.

• Wow
Reactions: Zorba