What did you do to your TJ today?

Well I finished my 4.10 gear install today. New shocks arrived so was able to get my TJ back on all fours and take her for a spin. Was very pleased with end result. Jeep drives like new! Thanks to all those who answered questions on other posts and thanks to the people who posted the awesome YouTube videos. Without I wouldn’t have had the courage and confidence to tackle. It really wasn’t an extremely difficult job but it wasn’t easy either. Of course tools are what is really gonna help you get the job done. All of which are reasonable from Harbor freight. Now if you were planning on doing regears all the time, I’d invest in better tool quality. Soooo.... to all those contemplating doing there own regear, search and watch YouTube videos until you completely understand what you are getting into. Have your tools lined up and then dive in! Lol.
I’ve enjoyed the experience and now I feel like I can have a educated conversation with all those who have done before.
Rock on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats sir on a job well done :clap:

Reactions: IamBR549
Well I finished my 4.10 gear install today. New shocks arrived so was able to get my TJ back on all fours and take her for a spin. Was very pleased with end result. Jeep drives like new! Thanks to all those who answered questions on other posts and thanks to the people who posted the awesome YouTube videos. Without I wouldn’t have had the courage and confidence to tackle. It really wasn’t an extremely difficult job but it wasn’t easy either. Of course tools are what is really gonna help you get the job done. All of which are reasonable from Harbor freight. Now if you were planning on doing regears all the time, I’d invest in better tool quality. Soooo.... to all those contemplating doing there own regear, search and watch YouTube videos until you completely understand what you are getting into. Have your tools lined up and then dive in! Lol.
I’ve enjoyed the experience and now I feel like I can have a educated conversation with all those who have done before.
Rock on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to say I’m totally impressed.

Reactions: IamBR549
Drove into our VTNZ place..(similar to your DMV) and asked about getting new round LED taillights..I wasn't sure that I could get away not having an 'Amber' signal light as the one I'm looking at only have the 'red' signal light....and success it will be legal here yaaaay :campeon: winner winner chicken dinner....Birthday at the end of the month so I'll be looking at those soon.:D

Went from a high yesterday to losing all lights going home from work last night :BangHead: Think I know the issue though, after I replaced the light pull/push switch I noticed where it connects to the light loom the plastic had melted...Not sure that is something I can handle so it maybe a trip to an auto electrician....mo' money, mo' money. (big sigh)
dscn0261-jpg.jpg

Went from a high yesterday to losing all lights going home from work last night :BangHead: Think I know the issue though, after I replaced the light pull/push switch I noticed where it connects to the light loom the plastic had melted...Not sure that is something I can handle so it maybe a trip to an auto electrician....mo' money, mo' money. (big sigh)
View attachment 24815
yikes, is that an oem connection? im not familiar with that part, surprised a fuse didn't blow somewhere before stuff started to melt.

yikes, is that an oem connection? im not familiar with that part, surprised a fuse didn't blow somewhere before stuff started to melt.
Yeah its an oem connection... it connects right behind the push/pull lever for the lights behind the dashboard. All fuses are fine as well.

Got my new flatbed trailer. Strange size, 5x11, works great with a TJ, weighs 750lbs, 15in wheels, greasable zerks, bulldog hitch, easy release gate that extends to a ramp. Hardly know it’s there when pulling it empty. With OME 2”HD springs I hardly get any sag, as you can tell. Pulls very level. Love it so far. Makes day to day life much easier than before. Also serves as a good kid-hauler!
B50A88C3-79FF-4E02-B12B-4C2BD69F9C12.jpeg

Got my new flatbed trailer. Strange size, 5x11, works great with a TJ, weighs 750lbs, 15in wheels, greasable zerks, bulldog hitch, easy release gate that extends to a ramp. Hardly know it’s there when pulling it empty. With OME 2”HD springs I hardly get any sag, as you can tell. Pulls very level. Love it so far. Makes day to day life much easier than before. Also serves as a good kid-hauler!
View attachment 24853
Locally built at a shop, or what?

View attachment 24853
Either that's the most amazing trailer hitch of all time (everyone's looking at it in the photo), or you were doing something back there that interested all the kiddos...

Reactions: JMT
Locally built at a shop, or what?
Made in some nearby town in TX, I think Bellevue. They just make high quality stuff. The 5' width is great for the TJ because it doesn't stick out. Only negative I've found is you can't open the TJ tailgate very far because the trailer jack is too close to the hitch. I may move it back to the crossmember on the trailer tongue. Later when I need some more wheels :D I'll move three of my DC-2's back with the 31's. Should look and ride great.

You Arizona guys are funny...:) Everyone else is lamenting having to put on the top for the winter due to the weather getting colder, and you can finally take off your top now that the temperature is bearable again...

Haha ya, with the exception of very few rain days I should be good till May.

Made in some nearby town in TX, I think Bellevue. They just make high quality stuff. The 5' width is great for the TJ because it doesn't stick out. Only negative I've found is you can't open the TJ tailgate very far because the trailer jack is too close to the hitch. I may move it back to the crossmember on the trailer tongue. Later when I need some more wheels :D I'll move three of my DC-2's back with the 31's. Should look and ride great.
The trailer jack my boat trailer had rotated to a horizontal position when not in use. Maybe you could swap to something like that.

The trailer jack my boat trailer had rotated to a horizontal position when not in use. Maybe you could swap to something like that.
Good idea. I'll ask my trailer guy...

Good idea. I'll ask my trailer guy...

I did something similar on my Carson 4x8 trailer. Removed the jack that was located on the tongue and got this clamp on unit that retracts horizontal when not in use. They make weld on version too is you want one more kind to the eyes.
20171102_123421.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Rob5589
With hunting season coming up, and some travel to get to one spot, decided to try this 3-gun sling I found for $15 on Amazon! Lot cheaper than those overhead setups. Tried back of the seats but not so great bc you have to take both seats forward and they are close to the persons knees in the back.
27E3DC8F-0D60-4F3B-9609-E6FCA9D10422.jpeg

Side window better.
BE7BB9ED-2D71-412D-9283-8CCC3006EF91.jpeg