What did you do to your TJ today?

NOT real impressed with "SUPREME SUSPENSION" . PO put 2" lift on my '03. I bought their FRONT track bar to center axle and the Heim joint at the end broke off at the neck/thread after only 2 years of highway only driving. They wouldn't stand behind it. Charged me like $40 for a new joint. Should have just went with a different manufacturer and replaced the whole thing. View attachment 326247
Replaced mine with JKS

You are completely wrong. Most people that do a BB, don't center the axle (including myself). Nothing that you mentioned ever happens. If that happened to you, you have other alignment issues.
View attachment 326248
I don't have alignment issues because I centered and squared my axles. Drives straight down the road without jumping sideways when going over larger bumps. When I bought it, it drove like s#*t.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Sorry guys. I bought some Teraflex products🖕Hand throttle and a driver side CB mount. I have stickers. Free. Will not ship. Local pickup. I know what I have. No lowballers. It ran when I parked it.
teraflex001.jpg

Still trying antenna mounts. Moved the ARR mount out to the hinges but sits too high up with it being on the corner.
cbradio006.jpg

I painted my wheel wells and frame
Flat black last week and yesterday I painted my new bumper with a satin finish. I’m trying to decide if I like the contrast or not.

View attachment 326207

View attachment 326208

FYI, I stopped using the regular Rustoleum spray paint due to durability issues. I'm using a spray paint that might make you happy.

It's been durable, also works great on plastic, and blends in really well with itself once it's cured. I have over 15 extra cans of this on my shelf (partially bc I'm sick in the head and largely because covid-related inventory issues caused me to load up once it became available again).

Below are photos of my dirty jeep so you can see what the paint looks like.

Painted frame compared to the satin black powder-coated bumper

IMG_68DDC0D2A0EE-1.jpeg

Painted Tummy Tuck (don't mind the fluid stain)

IMG_9258.jpg

Steering cover...it went from horribly faded to looking like new

IMG_9256.JPG

Product details:

IMG_80CE1332D34D-1.jpeg

IMG_9262.jpg

- I've scarcely seen it at my local Walmart.
- It's usually at AutoZone.
- My Oreillys doesn't carry Rustoleum.
- Best deal I ever found was on Amazon but I don't see that deal currently available.

I went this route bc I wanted better durability and the semi-gloss version was way too glossy. They didn't sell a satin-labeled item.

Anyhow just sharing the intel in case it's useful to anyone.

Last edited:
Sorry guys. I bought some Teraflex products🖕Hand throttle and a driver side CB mount. I have stickers. Free. Will not ship. Local pickup. I know what I have. No lowballers. It ran when I parked it.
View attachment 326353

Still trying antenna mounts. Moved the ARR mount out to the hinges but sits too high up with it being on the corner.
View attachment 326354
Lol I just got TF differential covers in the mail, and I don't feel bad about the name on it. (<—-hmm, notice I didn't say the name). 😀

I wanted a stockish shape and HP fill plug for the rear. Will have to see about the front end's clearance. I actually bought four of them because I'm picky about quality, especially on the mating surface.

Things are getting silly now.

Didn’t like how the brass coupler made the khaki metallic paint look. It was all I saw when looking at the front of my rig.

Couldn’t find a black coupler so I got red. If this coupler fails to work properly I’ll paint a Milton coupler black.

82B9220A-8EA4-48FA-9A7C-EA10F2907699.jpeg

1764B447-8D7D-4DC3-B3AA-08B834A6BFA8.jpeg

Sprayed that faded steering column satin black on my Jeep too.
IMG_0223.jpg

Also finished installing the denim blue dash parts , a few more parts and I will have the Levi edition dash done.

IMG_0222.jpg

I'm thinking of taking some stone washed denim material and sewing up a steering wheel cover wrap and stitching it on with orange thread . Maybe I could take an old pair of jeans and use material from them.

FYI, I stopped using the regular Rustoleum spray paint due to durability issues. I'm using a spray paint that might make you happy.

It's been durable, also works great on plastic, and blends in really well with itself once it's cured. I have over 15 extra cans of this on my shelf (partially bc I'm sick in the head and largely because covid-related inventory issues caused me to load up once it became available again).

Below are photos of my dirty jeep so you can see what the paint looks like.

Painted frame compared to the satin black powder-coated bumper

View attachment 326372

Painted Tummy Tuck (don't mind the fluid stain)

View attachment 326373

Steering cover...it went from horribly faded to looking like new

View attachment 326374

Product details:

View attachment 326375

View attachment 326378

- I've scarcely seen it at my local Walmart.
- It's usually at AutoZone.
- My Oreillys doesn't carry Rustoleum.
- Best deal I ever found was on Amazon but I don't see that deal currently available.

I went this route bc I wanted better durability and the semi-gloss version was way too glossy. They didn't sell a satin-labeled item.

Anyhow just sharing the intel in case it's useful to anyone.
Hmmm interesting. Thank you for the info. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

After a bit of deliberation as to which tyre to go with I finally pulled the trigger on some Goodyear Duratracs. The BF Goodrich where not easy to find out here and the cost was crazy compared to these puppies.
Out with the Firestone Destinations and in with the new. Have to say I love the look and got a sweet deal on a set of 5.
IMG_1771.jpg
IMG_1772.jpg

Lol I just got TF differential covers in the mail, and I don't feel bad about the name on it. (<—-hmm, notice I didn't say the name). 😀

I wanted a stockish shape and HP fill plug for the rear. Will have to see about the front end's clearance. I actually bought four of them because I'm picky about quality, especially on the mating surface.
Good choice. I have a TF diff cover on the front with no clearance issues. Stockish shape, nodular iron, and a drain plug all at a price that's half or less of competing covers with these features. What more could you ask for? Put mine on with a lubelocker gasket. I will add that I'm not particularly impressed with the paint on the thing - if you haven't put yours on yet, you might consider a coat or two of a better paint.

Still chasing down that weird front end noise. I finally got a chance to install the lower steering shaft today. Man, that was a PITA…. Until it wasn’t. I got all of the nuts/bolts out, but the old shaft wouldn’t come off of the steering gear box. I didn’t want to drop it, so I was about to give up and cut the damn shaft when all of a sudden I must’ve twisted it just right, cause it just popped off in my hand.

(As I’m typing this out, I’m having major regrets about my choice of wording, but I’ve come too far to stop now. Giggity.)

Anyhow, I then go to put the new shaft back in, except now I can’t get the new shaft onto the steering gear box. I also couldn’t get the steering shaft mount bolts through the new bearing flanges at first. Only one would go on at a time, no matter now gently I finessed. So I cursed, and struggled, and cursed some more, and after going back and forth between the bearing flange and the steering box I was about to tear every damn bolt out of the engine compartment, when all of a sudden the flanges went on and sat flush on the mount. Then, the damn shaft slid onto the steering gear box like butter on a hot pan. I had to look around to make sure I wasn’t being pranked 🤣😂

Buttoned everything back up, but unfortunately that didn’t fix the noise. But at least now I can rehab my old steering shaft bearing and keep it as a spare. I’m gonna retorque the suspension, and then I might try replacing the upper steering shaft next.