What did you do to your TJ today?

Have you guys ever thought of the guts these guys had ??

“Hey Mr. Von Braun, if you put 3 of these on a long tube filled with fuel, I’ll sit in a little capsule in the top and blast off into space.”

Yes….. adventurous with a touch of crazy lol
When people say ‘ jeez you’re a space cadet !!! ‘. We know where it came from haha

Yes….. adventurous with a touch of crazy lol
When people say ‘ jeez you’re a space cadet !!! ‘. We know where it came from haha

Here in Huntsville we are very careful about using the term it’s not rocket science around our clients- Because a few of them are rocket scientists.

It is sort of funny that us rednecks had a hand in all that-

“ Mission control we’re going to slow this thing down and see if we can hit that satellite with a beer bottle”

Here in Huntsville we are very careful about using the term it’s not rocket science around our clients- Because a few of them are rocket scientists.

“ Mission control we’re going to slow this thing down and see if we can hit that satellite with a beer bottle”

But you have to throw it from the far side.

200.gif

I located a pair of factory rear mud flaps to match the fronts.
Not sure I like how they hang (left side seems a little uneven to me), and they are a bit close to the tires.
I think I can make a revision to the mounting bracket to get them where I want them to hang.
These should be a huge help to keeping the road grime off of the gear that we put on the hitch rack.
1670630130065.png

Got my Lifetime America The Beautiful, Veteran pass in the mail today.
Now I don’t have to worry about annual or day passes every time we hit the trails.
I will have to remember to put it in the right Jeep though…
View attachment 383060

That’s cool it has a hangtag. I’ve not received one with my annual passes.

Got the last piece of the puzzle , the rear rotors that have been on backorder.
Centric coated rotors , the new brake system is going to be nice. Now I just need to get the MG out of the garage and clean out the place so I can pull the Jeep in and finish rebuilding all the underside with new parts.... it will be so sweet !
1670642726784.png

Last edited:
Painted my brake calipers black today as it was raining outside and also some of the rods and Axel…. Looks like I’ll be looking for some new brake disks soon as well.. not sure if I’ll have time to do it before the big trip 🤔

Working on pulling valves and lapping everything then changing valve stem seals.

View attachment 383013

View attachment 383014

Are you having any machine work done? Milling the head down to both get it true flat(if needed) and chase a little higher compression? Maybe clean up the Portsmouth? Heads are an opportunity stage to get some small gains for not a lot of dough.

Are you having any machine work done? Milling the head down to both get it true flat(if needed) and chase a little higher compression? Maybe clean up the Portsmouth? Heads are an opportunity stage to get some small gains for not a lot of dough.

It’s a 2.5l so I’m not sure of how much power I could squeeze out of it. I never had any head gasket issues with this engine, just a cracked piston skirt so I’m just trying to get it back together on the cheap. New bearings, cam, pistons and rings. Looks like I might have to replace a couple valves plus I have all new lifters pushrods and rockers. If the cylinders are still in spec I’m going to hone it and slap it all back together and hope for the best. I’ve never rebuilt an engine before so it’s a fun learning process. Lots of research and learning.

Got my Lifetime America The Beautiful, Veteran pass in the mail today.
Now I don’t have to worry about annual or day passes every time we hit the trails.
I will have to remember to put it in the right Jeep though…
View attachment 383060
I just read through the pamphlet that came with it and apparently they offer a sticker… not sure how to get one, but that would certainly avoid the need to switch it to the other Jeep…
01EC7758-4E24-4BF0-AF0D-9612C3950F9D.jpeg