What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished up the body mounts and looked over TFBs new tub.. some comparison pics. And I made a dolly(?) for the new tub…need to add some braces. Fuck rust.

EEEEEC0A-2382-43E1-A730-3C863245A979.jpeg

DD726702-4FBC-4534-9511-B42159BD7402.jpeg

97D696E0-1900-48D5-9D2B-62C862E26EB9.jpeg

E662DD62-84C2-4326-A1E2-87B053062B8C.jpeg

A4D987EA-F829-4788-8D42-6559844E4AEC.jpeg

9688AB8C-2756-4889-ADD9-DC9917E37E07.jpeg

When you said you made ‘a dolly’ …..I thought, wow you must be lonely 😂

Doesn’t look like there was much rust on it !!

Look closely at the third pic. Though I have seen much worse I don’t even want to try to fix that when shit starts falling apart, hence the new tub. Which is going to be a LOT of work to paint and swap

Reactions: RINC and Kiwi TJ
Last edited:
Are you going to treat the new tub with something to rust resistant it. Like a galvanized paint.

We spec'd industrial paint for water and seawater systems. I don't think you can buy it locally. But if I had a body off frame, I'd do multiple coats of galvinized paint on the bottom.

https://www.valspar-store.com/valspar-anti-rust-galvanized-metal-primer-white-1-qt/

I’ll look into that. I’ve been thinking about what to do underneath, I was gonna clean out and fluid film the inside of the torque box and the rear cross support box(?) and was wondering what else to do. The problem is prepping the bottom for paint. I was gonna let it go as I don’t drive it in the winter.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I installed some Willy's blinkers in my grill ahead of my flat fender install. Slow but successful until the very last step. I was buttoning up everything and dropped the glass lens and it shattered. Now I have to wait for a replacement. Good news is that I got my internal winch controls wired up correctly. Take the good with the bad.

20230305_150134.jpg

20230305_150145.jpg

Donuts and snow wheeling and chainsawing trees and very little winching. Wish YouTube shorts would let me upload instead of requiring cell service.

I don't think you need to use a smartphone to create a "short" - I had to fight with yootoob (figuratively) because they automatically converted a couple of my videos to "shorts" even though I didn't ask nor want them to. They were portrait mode videos less than one minute long (that someone gave me, I'd never shoot crap like that), and they were automatically made "shorts". I had to convert them to landscape mode and re-upload them to stop it - "shorts" are stupid, I don't see the attraction.

My own suggestion is to NOT create "shorts", just upload to yootoob - BUT - if you want your video to be a short, portrait mode vids less than 1 minute long will automatically become shorts whether you want them to or not.

• Sad
Reactions: RINC