What did you do to your TJ today?

Ouch x2. Sorry for your loss Tj. Hope you were ok. My grandson did this in June the same day I bought my Tj. He got banged and cut up but otherwise ok. In fact tomorrow is his court date.
7ACE2BEC-6F92-4E7B-8762-DFA40E281EEE.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: TJ Starting
Started working on some rubber spacers to elevate my seat. Inspired by Rollin20z rubber mallet mod I cut up one of my rubber bumpers that I cut off Ripley’s front bumper to make 4 pcs about 1.25 inch square x 2 in long. I very carefully used my table saw. Will post pix.

Last edited:
Started working on some rubber spacers to elevate my seat. Inspired by Rollin20z rubber mallet mod I cut up one of my rubber bumpers that I cut off Ripley’s front bumper to make 4 pcs about 1.25 inch square x 2 in long. I very carefully used my table saw. Will post pix.

I think I’ve seen a post somewhere where someone used rubber as seat spacers and they split.

Pulled over on the side of the freeway to put the top back together. LOL I was going down the freeway and looked back and my rear corner of my top was flapping in the breeze! I was running with the Bestop sunroof back and no windows. Got pulled over to put the corner back in and noticed it pulled down way to easy. I looked to see if the mid section was pinned in, and noticed the pin was completely gone. I had to close the sunroof to continue on my way.

I just got done emailing Bestop to see if they can send me a new pin, actually 2 I want a spare. Going to suck not being able to use the sunroof. LOL

Driver side pin now missing in action. LOL

View attachment 110267

Pin I'm talking about. (passenger side).

View attachment 110268

I was going to put a bolt in it for now, but I found out that I can't. The hole doesn't go all the way through. I hope Bestop will take care of this and fairly fast. I will have to put the top down all the way to go topless and I really like just running the sunroof. :D

Just an update on this. I called Bestop and they don't have the pin in stock. He was going to send me a whole new door surround, but then he discovered he doesn't have that in stock either. LOL Needless to say, it's going to be 3 to 4 weeks before it arrives.

My hubby said he found something that might work for now, but won't know till he gets home from work.

Because this is something it looks like Bestop doesn't keep in stock, I decided to secure the one that I still have to the top. LOL At least if it falls out, I should be able to find a keeper for it. At least I hope. LOL

c%3L8jI+RS+ytFzI3m5nXg.jpg

Of course my luck, if it does come apart, all I will probably have left is the plastic piece and the hoop. LOL

Ouch! What happened?
Hope you all were ok. Tj looks a little worse for wear.
Unfamiliar gravel curve, disconnected sway bar, and tires at about 15psi equals sliding sideways hitting the ditch and rolling probably about 4 times. Neither me nor my cousin were wearing seatbelts and were ejected on about the first or second roll. Snapped both bones in my left arm and a couple lacerations on my head. So in my arm went to 2 metal plates and 12 screws and my head got 12 staples(removed today). My cousin has a fractured L1 vertebrae and also a few cuts with stitches. So he has a back brace and had been walking with a walker but today started walkim a little bit without it(YAY!).TJ is obviously totalled.

But thank God. We have a lot to be thankful for also. Lots of accidents like this don't end up near as good.

Last edited:
Unfamiliar gravel curve, disconnected sway bar, and tires at about 15psi equals sliding sideways hitting the ditch and rolling probably about 4 times. Neither me nor my cousin were wearing seatbelts and were ejected on about the first or second roll. Snapped both bones in my left arm and a couple lacerations on my head. So in my arm went to metal plates and 12 screws and my head got 12 staples(removed today). My cousin has a fractured L1 vertebrae and also a few cuts with stitches. So he has a back brace and had been walking with a walker but today started walkim a little bit without it(YAY!).TJ is obviously totalled.

But thank God. We have a lot to be thankful for also. Lots of accidents like this don't end up near as good.
wow mate..!!! are you ok ?