What did you do to your TJ today?

Decided to dive into replacing the fuel pump today.
Found more than I bargained for. Besides the photo evidence supplied here, I also found a crack on the upper control arm/track bar mount😖 pics to come later
IMG_20191123_153744996.jpg

New pump and filter/regulator
IMG_20191123_154015521.jpg

Was not happy to find this!!!
IMG_20191123_153755969.jpg

Found out a previous owner wasn't too friendly with this poor Jeep. besides the mounting hole being broke off, the bolt that went through the hole on the right was broke loose from the body... With a whole lot of obscenities and some applied pressure at the right angle the nut finally came off the bolt!!!(y)
IMG_20191123_153833708_TOP.jpg

Last edited:
I did the superbright led dash bulbs today, well almost. They short shipped me the 6 I needed for the hvac and consol switches.
I did blue but as others mentioned, the gauge needles are not lit up much. I guess I’ll see how much that bugs me.

I've been thinking about trying this paint on my needles to see if they show up better with my green leds, but I'm afraid it will not turn out well and ruin my needles.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=190208705520

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Modified an EVO Manufacturing License Plate Relocate/Rotopax Can Mount (EVO-1163B) designed for the JK to fit my TJ Rubicon spare tire/rim. Flapwheeled & painted the edges to fit inside the smaller diameter TJ Rubi center hub. Also drilled a hole (1” hole saw bit) in the Rotopax mounting plate to make accessing the bolt easier. The stock Rubi rim doesn’t push the tire out enough to contact the Rotopax mounting plate so I assembled some hardware from the local Ace to make a contact point with the tire (pics when complete).
View attachment 126286
View attachment 126287
View attachment 126288
View attachment 126289
View attachment 126290

Finally finished my drop down table.(yes ,yes I know about time)..took me weeks in-between being busy. Put a magnet on the inside of the table to hold it in place works very well. pinched the wire cables from some LED Lights I was installing in an office ceiling. (not 100% sure of the Jeep logo on the front panel, It was better looking in my head haha)...I do have other ideas so there could be MKII version coming up at the end of Summer.

table 2.jpg
table 2.jpg

Last edited:
Finally finished my drop down table.(yes ,yes I know about time)..took me weeks in-between being busy. Put a magnet on the inside of the table to hold it in place works very well. pinched the wire cables from some LED Lights I was installing in an office ceiling. (not 100% sure of the Jeep logo on the front panel, It was better looking in my head haha)...I do have other ideas so there could be MKII version coming up at the end of Summer.

View attachment 126296

View attachment 126297View attachment 126296View attachment 126297
I like how the logo turned out.

View attachment 126296

This is on my to do list

Reactions: Kiwi TJ

View attachment 126296

I think your table looks awesome. Maybe trim the table with some of that black edging. Not sure what it’s called but it’s rubber with metal clipping inside to make it a snug fit.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Modified an EVO Manufacturing License Plate Relocate/Rotopax Can Mount (EVO-1163B) designed for the JK to fit my TJ Rubicon spare tire/rim. Flapwheeled & painted the edges to fit inside the smaller diameter TJ Rubi center hub. Also drilled a hole (1” hole saw bit) in the Rotopax mounting plate to make accessing the bolt easier. The stock Rubi rim doesn’t push the tire out enough to contact the Rotopax mounting plate so I assembled some hardware from the local Ace to make a contact point with the tire (pics when complete).
It looks like you've upgraded the gate hinges, did you? I like this idea but wonder if the OEM hinges/mounts etc. would like the extra weight.

Decided to dive into replacing the fuel pump today.
Found more than I bargained for. Besides the photo evidence supplied here, I also found a crack on the upper control arm/track bar mount😖 pics to come later
View attachment 126268
New pump and filter/regulator
View attachment 126269
Was not happy to find this!!!
View attachment 126270
Found out a previous owner wasn't too friendly with this poor Jeep. besides the mounting hole being broke off, the bolt that went through the hole on the right was broke loose from the body... With a whole lot of obscenities and some applied pressure at the right angle the nut finally came off the bolt!!!(y)
View attachment 126271

I've found it helps to say, "fuckin' Jeeps!" and just keep working. ;)

View attachment 126296

I like it. I think I may have to try making one. Then all I wouldn't need is a couple of those little folding stools and it would make a great place to sit lunch. :D

It looks like you've upgraded the gate hinges, did you? I like this idea but wonder if the OEM hinges/mounts etc. would like the extra weight.
Yes, the Morryde tailgate & hinge reinforcement. This setup replaces ~90 lbs of swing-out tire carrier & jerry can holder steel (reduce her rear end weight). I didn’t want to take a chance carrying the extra gas & trasharoo weight and the corresponding dynamic load on the oem hinges while driving on rough trails. Might work with oem hinges on well maintained service trails...might...

I think your table looks awesome. Maybe trim the table with some of that black edging. Not sure what it’s called but it’s rubber with metal clipping inside to make it a snug fit.
Thanks for all your great comments...I think its the colour of the jeep logo I wanted it to look like I had cut the logo out of the wood and you could see the Steel blue showing through... :unsure: Im still glad I did it and being Spring over here it'll get plenty of use over the next few months at the beach.

Today I decided to get RID of my 2014 JK w/20.5K miles and set forth the new energy into my TJ/LJ that i truly believe still reigns supreme. This decision has hampered me for the last several months and damn does it feel good to have decided. So, I took all the crap out of the JK and put it back where i started. Moving ON!

Today I decided to get RID of my 2014 JK w/20.5K miles and set forth the new energy into my TJ/LJ that i truly believe still reigns supreme. This decision has hampered me for the last several months and damn does it feel good to have decided. So, I took all the crap out of the JK and put it back where i started. Moving ON!
Every time I consider trading the LJ for a newer Jeep, I think to myself "what is it about the new one I really like?"

I realized it came down to a better infotainment system, a hard top, and cleaner interior.

I can have all those things for under $3k. Why would I go commit to a monthly payment for THAT?!