What did you do to your TJ today?

More like “What did somebody else do to your TJ....” well, unfortunately the answer today is they rammed into it. Going straight, someone else making a left turn jumped the gun and made me very unhappy by driving straight to me. I had trail doors and no windows so it was in 3D. It sounded terrible but when I got out of the Jeep, the body itself was nearly untouched. Just some minor dents and scratches. The tire was obviously flat. Then I saw the transmission fluid leaking and my control arm out of place and then found a spring in the intersection 🤦🏻‍♂️ My mechanic is nearby and he came right away and checked it out. He said he can’t tell much now other than the axle is shifted to the right. It’s at his shop and he’s checking it out tomorrow. My insurance doesn’t know yet if it’ll be a total loss or not till the appraisal. Basically anything is possible now. My LJ is in intensive care and I don’t know what the future will hold. Optimistic that everything works out that way for a reason. Hoping it’s so this baby can get back out even stronger than before. 🙏🙏🙏

PS. The Nissan Sentra I got as a rental feels so depressing. I’m unmotivated to drive anywhere with it lol

View attachment 175677View attachment 175678View attachment 175679View attachment 175680View attachment 175681
I got hit directly into my rear wheel. The car was going 50 mph and I was turning onto a side street when they hit me. It pushed my axle over around 4". Luckily I just had to replace the control arms, track bar, driveshaft and wheel and tire. I had zero body damage because my tires were sticking out so far. Good luck.

Reactions: Shinebox_LJ
Replaced my front upper and rear upper control arms. Stock up front and rokmen in the rear. Also went ahead and did the zj swap and got an alignment.

Any thoughts on my alignment specs? Unfortunately, it’s not color printed but only caster seems to be out of spec.

fwiw, I’m running a 3.5” spring lift.

9EC33D11-87B5-4EB1-AAD4-A63CE6DD31A6.jpeg

More like “What did somebody else do to your TJ....” well, unfortunately the answer today is they rammed into it. Going straight, someone else making a left turn jumped the gun and made me very unhappy by driving straight to me. I had trail doors and no windows so it was in 3D. It sounded terrible but when I got out of the Jeep, the body itself was nearly untouched. Just some minor dents and scratches. The tire was obviously flat. Then I saw the transmission fluid leaking and my control arm out of place and then found a spring in the intersection 🤦🏻‍♂️ My mechanic is nearby and he came right away and checked it out. He said he can’t tell much now other than the axle is shifted to the right. It’s at his shop and he’s checking it out tomorrow. My insurance doesn’t know yet if it’ll be a total loss or not till the appraisal. Basically anything is possible now. My LJ is in intensive care and I don’t know what the future will hold. Optimistic that everything works out that way for a reason. Hoping it’s so this baby can get back out even stronger than before. 🙏🙏🙏

PS. The Nissan Sentra I got as a rental feels so depressing. I’m unmotivated to drive anywhere with it lol

View attachment 175677View attachment 175678View attachment 175679View attachment 175680View attachment 175681
Sucks but, could be a good opportunity to take the insurance payout and make that think a nice trail rig. I would use the insurance funds for a rock jock 60, high line fenders and, new wheels and tires.

Reactions: Shinebox_LJ
I was mudding at lake Isabella and got the Jeep in a few feet of water a thick layer of mud. I wash down the chassis when I got home the next day. I'm super receptive to rust damage and I always power wash the frame and undercarriage after any questionable 4x4 trip. Today I found more mud between my sliders and underbody and washed out mud from the holes in the frame. Found mud behind the rubber lining in the rear wheel well. Most people would never check in these locations. You have pull back very thick rubber wheel lining. I suggest this routine for anyone who want to make sure your Rig doesn't rust out.

Cleaning carpet on passenger side and found bits of seat belt spool.. Opened it up and more than just the end was cracked. Anyone know a good place to get a new passenger seatbelt?
temp.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Rooscooter
Haven't seen anyone did this yet. Since the TJs engine bay is like an oven I'd figured heat wrapped some lines to prevent it from deteriorating so fast.

View attachment 176064

View attachment 176065

View attachment 176066

View attachment 176067
I`m interested, what is this wrap?? I just spent a full afternoon replacing the toasted factory (OEM) wire loom that was coming apart, It was so brittle that it broke by touching it. I`m interested in a more permanent option like this...