What did you do to your TJ today?

So here’s the story behind that. My dad is a pastor and our church used to have a school in it. When it shut down we still owned all of the equipment so it got put in sheds/storage etc. That kiddie pool and all of the stuff in there hasn’t been used in eight years lol. So it makes for a great place to put my top!

And here I thought that you ran a Daycare. :D

I had bought new pocket fender flares
Post some pics when you're finished. I want to replace my Rubicon flares and stock Mopar ones run $350-400. I wouldn't mind going 1" wider, but don't want to use regular TJ flares that are 1" narrower, because my tires throw enough crap all over now. I thought about some flat flares, but I'm not sure about the look.
RUBI TIRE (2).jpg

Got the rear Bilsteins on, but ran out of time for the fronts. Rear had one bolt broken off by PO and replaced with a bolt and nut. Had to finagle it a little bit and spread the ears on the lower mounts to get them in. Also still running warmer than I would like. I get misfires on hot start up even after putting in a new heat shield and wrapping the injectors. It's been hot here, high 90's. Temp gauge showing about 210-215 at all times with AC on. Fan is engaging and coolant is clean. Will drop coolant, flush and replace t-stat tomorrow. If that doesn't fix it, new rad, pump, and fan next. Misfire is giving me CEL, and it drives me nuts to have that light on for some reason.

That's in the normal temp range. What codes are you throwing?
Its high normal from what I am seeing but hot enough its heat soaking every time I shut down hot and restart. That's assuming the gauge is accurate. No boil overs, no leaks, its full and so is the reservoir. Codes are all normal misfire codes P0300-P0306 are stored. It runs smooth and has good power after a few seconds following hot start. Got a cat efficiency code too today P0431. Fan clutch is kicking in and has some resistance when turned cold.

Post some pics when you're finished.

Will do! I put the front ones on already, but I don’t have pics of the tire coverage. I’ll take some measurements and post some pics when it gets back from the shop. I have 33x12.5r15 Duratracs, and the tires sticks still out a little even with the 4.75in fenders. The 6in ones would probably offer full coverage, but I like that the tires stick out, even if the state law disagrees 😂😂

Where they trying to save it with the tree or trying to get enough leverage to roll it down the hill?
It appeared he had decided to drive over the brush because the logs were blocking. Probably got hung up within the brush then cut the log with a hatchet and drove forward and backwards just sliding himself further down into the ditch.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Another cheap FB find today. Rugged Ridge Spartacus tire carrier/hinge system. The hinges need disassembled and cleaned up but cosmetically speaking it’s in great shape. Going to swap out my peeling hinges for this and see how I like it. That means my newly revived Warn bumper/carrier may have to go, but that’s ok 👍🏼 I’ll definitely go after another Warn bumper, but without the tire carrier this time

9E013148-F8CC-42E0-9158-6A86E489FFAE.jpeg

New Autolite XP-985 sparkplugs as detailed here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-stupid-rookie-mistake.38046/
Also ordered 2 gallons of HOAT coolant, new radiator hoses, a backflush kit, and a heater core loopback hose to bypass the stinking heater core for the time being. Also ordered some "sexy" stuff as well: Grill inserts so rocks won't hit my rad, a steering stablizer, a new shift knob, SEM trim paint, and some pigtails for the LED wheeling lites I bought from a member here. That reminds me, I need to order rock guards for the stock fog lites as well - an etsy item.

I remember to take some pictures tonight. Installed Metalcloak gas tank skid. Seems like a nice piece, installed pretty easy. Has some issues getting the stock skid out due to my rear bumper and hitch insert. Nothing a reciprocating saw cannot handle. Notched it and pulled it out. The new skid has a notch already. I know I gained some clearance, but forgot to measure. Noticed one of the nuts was not installed and two were loose. Fixed that while I was in there. Also install front shocks. I'm a sweaty mess. Time for a shower.
IMG_5560.JPG
IMG_5562.JPG

IMG_5561.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_5564.JPG

Your rubicon flares look like they are in good shape. Mine are faded badly and I need to figure out how to refurbish them.
I painted mine with Krylon Fusion paint, but the rear ones have bad rock chips in them from the tires throwing crap. I covered them where the chips are with some Tough Stuff textured rocker gasket tape. I used it on the top of the fenders too, where I lay tools.
Rubi flare protector.jpg
RUBI FENDER1.jpg

Will do! I put the front ones on already, but I don’t have pics of the tire coverage. I’ll take some measurements and post some pics when it gets back from the shop. I have 33x12.5r15 Duratracs, and the tires sticks still out a little even with the 4.75in fenders. The 6in ones would probably offer full coverage, but I like that the tires stick out, even if the state law disagrees 😂😂
I'm looking at some pocket flares on craigslist that were body color painted my red PR4 color. I'm not sure how much clearance you lose with them. I'm trying to talk him down to $125 from his $250 asking price.

I painted mine with Krylon Fusion paint, but the rear ones have bad rock chips in them from the tires throwing crap. I covered them where the chips are with some Tough Stuff textured rocker gasket tape. I used it on the top of the fenders too, where I lay tools.View attachment 177624View attachment 177623
I am sure this has been beat to death in this forum......but was the process of painting the flares a huge pain in the as$? I wanted replace them but after watching some videos that looks to be even more of a pain. What was the process and the products you used. Again I am sorry if this has been discussed and I know it has been discussed 700 thousand times.
P.s they came out great........I love the idea of the scuff tape!

I am sure this has been beat to death in this forum......but was the process of painting the flares a huge pain in the as$? I wanted replace them but after watching some videos that looks to be even more of a pain. What was the process and the products you used. Again I am sorry if this has been discussed and I know it has been discussed 700 thousand times.
P.s they came out great........I love the idea of the scuff tape!
Krylon Fusion paint bonds to plastic and the only prep needed is to wipe them thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. No primer needed.
RED JEEP (2).jpg
I slide some Dollar store colored cardboard/construction paper behind them so they don't need to be removed. I spray about 5 thin coats and they come out really good and last for years. This is gloss black, the satin is way less glossy.

Krylon Fusion paint bonds to plastic and the only prep needed is to wipe them thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. No primer needed. View attachment 177666I slide some Dollar store colored cardboard/construction paper behind them so they don't need to be removed. I spray about 5 thin coats and they come out really good and last for years. This is gloss black, the satin is way less glossy.
Sounds like something even I can do...lol....thank you!!!!

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Well, good news is: the rust spot has been fixed and painted, and the rear fenders are almost ready to go on, just gotta put in 2 nutserts. The bad news is: I need to replace the driver’s side knuckles, bearings, and dust shield before I can replace the ball joints. And since I’m gonna replace one side, I might as well replace both. So they’re on order, should be here by Monday.
BUT!!!
The new Currie/RockJock springs and bump stops arrived! Which I’m sure will bring their own new set of problems with the install, but I’ll burn that bridge when I get up it!
FBC86DFF-DD4B-435F-B07B-99857698265B.jpeg

Last edited: