What did you do to your TJ today?

Its not what I did, but what's FINALLY happened. Amazon shipped the head unit that I bought on Aug 12. It was never tendered for shipment, and turn into a Charlie Juliette of epic proportions but they finally shipped it today overnite UPS. They REALLY dropped the ball on this one...

View attachment 187473

Picked it up from getting rust repair on the rear and new fender installed. They were supposed to be black, but they painted white. Can’t decide if I like it or not. Thoughts?

I usually do not like color matched fenders but that looks really good. but maybe its because I am liking those wheels and clean build ya got

I actually dig the all white with those wheels.
I usually do not like color matched fenders but that looks really good. but maybe its because I am liking those wheels and clean build ya got
looks great

appreciate it. I’m still torn, I had planned on them being satin black. Not sure if there’s enough contrast for me. Plus I still have to add on the rock slider/side steps.

I need a jeep gang like that...
BOOMBOOM, GET OVER HERE 😂

I've got my @Squatch and he's busy making magic happen in his garage (that's right, I'm throwing you out there)!

ooo maybe I can get Chris to send me a bunch of business cards for the forum and I can shove them under the wipers of all the TJ's I see around town.. accompanied by a rubber duck..
haha I got my own Forum cards printed c/o Vista-print ($15 for 200) ….no rubber ducky though

Reactions: Blondie70 and Vasq
Took TJ on the trail a week ago for the first time since I got it. We went to Bold Mountain by Fresno. My buddy, who organized the trip, said that it’ll be a newb ride. And then this jackass takes us on Black Diamond. I have a 1” lift and 31s with no lockers did just fine! It’s amazing what this little Jeep can do.
What I discovered is that my coolant was bubbling in the overflow tank. Temp gauge never went past 210°. I was planning to change hoses anyway, so did all of them last Sunday. Runs nice and proper. Also changed the spark plugs. I think old ones were a bit overgapped. Lol

334C4B0F-65E3-4014-ADAC-98822A77A9ED.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5954.mp4
    6.6 MB
Last edited:
View attachment 187539
thx to @AndyG and @DrDmoney I got my flush mounted taillights installed
I don't know what's scarier ... just watching or actually being the guy drilling into another guys nice Sahara. Those are really nice lights .

This Jeep is a different animal than it was a year ago. Looks great and drives great, and I've seen it wheel stuff that that surprised me.

I did the "Calhoun Conversion" to my JKS sway bar links . It's a secret @Hog turned me on to...involves actually following the manufacturers instructions.

Then slipped away from the grind to his lake house , topless in the RinoCon , 70 plus miles, Nick came with his sweet LJ, and we had a generally large time.

Had a ball actually...Nick's LJ is just one surprise after the other .. most of the time, at least in our neck of the woods , you just see a build that doesn't make sense, underfunded, overthought or out of date.

His LJ basically just needs driven.
Like all of us , he will find some things, but it drives and rides very good, is in great condition inside and out, and everything is professional that has been done.

Cool guy, lives in another state, and when we first met, in 5 minutes realized we new some of the same people.

Headed back...moonlit night, not a cloud out , 75 degrees and I'm enjoying every moment of owning a Jeep again.

The last 3 years have been fun, and you guys have been a resource and connection I've really appreciated.

I love days you hate to see end.

Back on the road . 😁

I need a jeep gang like that...
BOOMBOOM, GET OVER HERE 😂

I've got my @Squatch and he's busy making magic happen in his garage (that's right, I'm throwing you out there)!

ooo maybe I can get Chris to send me a bunch of business cards for the forum and I can shove them under the wipers of all the TJ's I see around town.. accompanied by a rubber duck..
Sure I can wrench. Even been known to goober stick pieces of metal together when needed! I'm off Friday to monday. What can we build?

Those are awesome! Are those stickers you made yourself?
Hey just saw this ... I went to a graphics shop , showed them the font and what I wanted as far as extra material (red) on each side.

They looked like bumper stickers essentially.

Then I cut the angle and the stripes from the extra length of red on each one.

I have 6 extra - I may do the angle , opposing, on each end of one and put it center on the windshield.

The TJ needs red grab handles now.

Removed about 3 buckets of water from inside. Somehow it rained when it wasn't supposed to. Lesson learned. No longer will the top stay off overnight

My wife and my son get pretty agitated when I go out and dry out my TJ. "Why do you leave the doors and windows off? That thing's going to rust away!!" As if an inch or two of water on the inside is so much more evil than the same water splashing up from the road.

Come to think of that, I'll be going out after dinner tonight with the ShamWoW and soak up whatever is there. FWIW I learned early on that whenever the doors are off, all four plugs get pulled.

Last edited: