What did you do to your TJ today?

Fish - I thought you Aussies were tough! Three of you had trouble lifting the hard top?

🙂
I had no trouble it was the two on the other side who forgot to lift and walk same time as me! Lesson learned get a jeep person or car enthusiast to help next time.

I actually thought they would be a bit lighter and they are well off balance with the weight of the glass, I think I was being a bit too cautious knowing the glass replacement in Oz would be almost impossible and as usual if you take too much care you usually stuff something up.

Not sure I will be putting it back on, going to try and buy some fabric UV protector today else the padding will be purple in a few days, I wont get my extended safari top for about a month and the padding covers would have disintegrated by then.

I dont think a hard top is necessary in Perth given it doesn't get cold its only rain and dust to contend with, I have got a cheap trail cover to use until I decide what soft top I want, I still have the original top bows and window surrounds have the sun rider quick release pulls so I have a few options to ponder. :)

Lowered radiator shroud, it had about .25” clearance from when I did the MML and the 1.25 BL and for some reason just lately if I get flexed a little the fan would hit it. Lowered it .75” and it now has a bit more clearance so hopefully that’s resolved.

Also modified my rear cargo area storage/shelf. The dogs ride on the top normally but under hard braking have launched into the front seating area so the “headache rack” should solve that. Also had a gap in the side struts that hold the shelf and they’ve fallen in between those so I filled those in. Next I’ll put some 9mm underlayment down and Hydroturf the entire thing so it’s nice and padded as well as grippy.

72CCD5E8-A132-44F6-B784-A2A75F0D207B.jpeg

D6742EB5-D705-4A65-95A6-D1022A384BB5.jpeg

Gets a bit sad as you get old! Half an hour with T Cut on NYE helped the hardtop mishap scratch big time! I am sure if I put a bit of elbow grease into tomorrow maybe it will disappear completely? Happy New Year to you Guys from afar :)

View attachment 299504

View attachment 299505
That's impressive. From the first pic it looked like you were screwed.

Reactions: Fishtaco