What did you do to your TJ today?

Busy weekend finishing off a couple projects....PROJECT 1.. New center console...the old one wasn't wide enough and i couldn't secure the contents...So I eventually found a Fat 50 ammo box and 18 mm MDF...Sealed and painted the MDF and shaped the bottom on one side to sit around the handbrake bracket..Plenty of room inside this box, and is a snug fit between the seats.
1st pic is the old one....
IMG_1032.jpg
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1507.jpg
IMG_1508.jpg

Project 2 Rear cargo area...needed to create more room when overlanding and packing away tools for work ( but still keeping the rear seat bolted in including the seat belts )....as I still use it now and again.
Used 12mm Plywood and also made a cut out for my Jerry Can so I can I use on the longer journeys.
Will need too make a cover to put over the rear seat now just , to tidy it up a bit 😬

IMG_1457.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1513.jpg
IMG_1514.jpg

Project 2 Rear cargo area...needed to create more room when overlanding and packing away tools for work ( but still keeping the rear seat bolted in including the seat belts )....as I still use it now and again.
Used 12mm Plywood and also made a cut out for my Jerry Can so I can I use on the longer journeys.
Will need too make a cover to put over the rear seat now just , to tidy it up a bit 😬

View attachment 310891View attachment 310892View attachment 310893View attachment 310894View attachment 310895
Looks good!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Busy weekend finishing off a couple projects....PROJECT 1.. New center console...the old one wasn't wide enough and i couldn't secure the contents...So I eventually found a Fat 50 ammo box and 18 mm MDF...Sealed and painted the MDF and shaped the bottom on one side to sit around the handbrake bracket..Plenty of room inside this box, and is a snug fit between the seats.
1st pic is the old one....
View attachment 310885View attachment 310886View attachment 310887View attachment 310888
Love what you did with the ammo box and the MDF. Nice work!

Reactions: Fonz54 and Kiwi TJ
I drove mine for the first time in about a month, I drove it daily for about 6 weeks while waiting on my wife's new tahoe so I took a break. She definitely repaid me from sitting in the garage by rattling my sim card out of my iphone to the point where I had to stop and by a new one 🤦‍♂️

• Wow

View attachment 310891View attachment 310892View attachment 310893View attachment 310894View attachment 310895
I am about to build one of these after the break in. I have the seat removed though. I need to come up higher so my Pelican type boxes fit and a panel closing it up behind the front seats, that's how they stole all my gear they slid and tumbled my 2 front seats :( the rear seat folded would stop people getting in like your pic but I would prefer the extra space without the seat.
I am tempted to find a cabinet maker to have it built.

Interesting idea for the rear seats, I'd love to do something similar with mine as I sometimes transport more than 1 passenger but most of the time could use more space in the back for groceries of other large items.

I removed my top today for the first time and removed my rear seat. I don't want a rear seat because I enjoy having the space, however, I recognize the risk for theft. After looking at aftermarket products and videos and pictures of other peoples projects, I decided to try something different. It was about a two hour project. I cut 2x6's and 2x4's. In the end, I had no vertical supports which gives me all of the factory space under my deck. I can close and lock the tailgate for security. The entire project took 10 screws. I did not need to rip any boards, only cross cuts. It would take minimal time to dismantle. By using 2x's I get plenty of support and strength in my deck without supports. The only disadvantage is weight. I believe the rear seat weighs 40# and my 2x's might be 80#. At this point in time it won't get any points for looks, but this project was started without the creative assistance of any beer. I used left over lumber from other projects so my cost today is zero. The deck goes from about two inches from the front seats, and about two inches from the closed tailgate.

DSC_0658.JPG

DSC_0653.JPG

DSC_0654.JPG

DSC_0656.JPG

I removed my top today for the first time and removed my rear seat. I don't want a rear seat because I enjoy having the space, however, I recognize the risk for theft. After looking at aftermarket products and videos and pictures of other peoples projects, I decided to try something different. It was about a two hour project. I cut 2x6's and 2x4's. In the end, I had no vertical supports which gives me all of the factory space under my deck. I can close and lock the tailgate for security. The entire project took 10 screws. I did not need to rip any boards, only cross cuts. It would take minimal time to dismantle. By using 2x's I get plenty of support and strength in my deck without supports. The only disadvantage is weight. I believe the rear seat weighs 40# and my 2x's might be 80#. At this point in time it won't get any points for looks, but this project was started without the creative assistance of any beer. I used left over lumber from other projects so my cost today is zero. The deck goes from about two inches from the front seats, and about two inches from the closed tailgate.

View attachment 311027

View attachment 311028

View attachment 311029

View attachment 311030
That looks pretty damn good! Price was right ;)

Bumper project is done-done. All painted, installed, bumper jewelry AKA bumper clankers AKA nipple rings all put on.

DSC00761.JPG

DSC01163.JPG

Used a rather stiff stainless cotter pin instead of the clip that came with them. This would take a determined thief a bit to get past - no kid's gonna be able to casually unscrew the things.