What did you do to your TJ today?

I am about to build one of these after the break in. I have the seat removed though. I need to come up higher so my Pelican type boxes fit and a panel closing it up behind the front seats, that's how they stole all my gear they slid and tumbled my 2 front seats :( the rear seat folded would stop people getting in like your pic but I would prefer the extra space without the seat.
I am tempted to find a cabinet maker to have it built.
I need the back seat still there as my other daughter drops in every week or 2 and the 3 of us go for a drive..
Eventually the backseat on mine is coming out and I can just add to this one I built... (that's the plan anyway)
I was going too go taller, longer and wider too. but I wouldn't be able to get it out of the rear when I needed drop the rear seat back down.
If you can get it just under the lip of the rear part of the jeep it would look sweet I think...but once its in ,its in haha

Reactions: HooDoo
Interesting idea for the rear seats, I'd love to do something similar with mine as I sometimes transport more than 1 passenger but most of the time could use more space in the back for groceries of other large items.
Yep same here.... that's why it needed to be fairly quick and easy to take out and put back in when I need that back seat.....I zip-tied the seats beats on the floor so they are out of the way

I removed my top today for the first time and removed my rear seat. I don't want a rear seat because I enjoy having the space, however, I recognize the risk for theft. After looking at aftermarket products and videos and pictures of other peoples projects, I decided to try something different. It was about a two hour project. I cut 2x6's and 2x4's. In the end, I had no vertical supports which gives me all of the factory space under my deck. I can close and lock the tailgate for security. The entire project took 10 screws. I did not need to rip any boards, only cross cuts. It would take minimal time to dismantle. By using 2x's I get plenty of support and strength in my deck without supports. The only disadvantage is weight. I believe the rear seat weighs 40# and my 2x's might be 80#. At this point in time it won't get any points for looks, but this project was started without the creative assistance of any beer. I used left over lumber from other projects so my cost today is zero. The deck goes from about two inches from the front seats, and about two inches from the closed tailgate.

View attachment 311027

View attachment 311028

View attachment 311029

View attachment 311030
Some of the best designs are the simple ones......

Reactions: Mike Z
My replacement rancho rs5000x shock showed up this week from shock surplus. It had the same wrong bar pin as one of the first ones did. All three shocks have the same part number, but only one had the correct bar pin. I decided to just drill it out instead of waiting for another replacement. I pull springs out to cycle the suspension. Things look pretty good now, with 4" bumpstops. I wasnt able to pull the rear springs out with the compressor tool I have, but I havent seen any issues with it under full flex in the rear to really worry about it. Took it out for a drive in areas I'm really familiar with and wow what a difference. They are way more plush then the RE shocks they replaced. I'm impressed. Much more floaty feeling. Cant wait to get more seat time with them.

20220220_123942.jpg

My replacement rancho rs5000x shock showed up this week from shock surplus. It had the same wrong bar pin as one of the first ones did. All three shocks have the same part number, but only one had the correct bar pin. I decided to just drill it out instead of waiting for another replacement. I pull springs out to cycle the suspension. Things look pretty good now, with 4" bumpstops. I wasnt able to pull the rear springs out with the compressor tool I have, but I havent seen any issues with it under full flex in the rear to really worry about it. Took it out for a drive in areas I'm really familiar with and wow what a difference. They are way more plush then the RE shocks they replaced. I'm impressed. Much more floaty feeling. Cant wait to get more seat time with them.

View attachment 311070
Yeah, what slowed me down on Saturday aside from cars that weren't mine I had to get out of the shop was the top rear bolts evan after having soaked in PB blaster for 24 hours were a pain to get out. Was using an impact but the awkward location, lack of good lighting and rusty bolt made it very difficult. Had to break out hand tools to get it out.

I ran out of time, so doing the front shocks before I go home tomorrow, but so far, my TJ with only rear shocks rides amazingly better. I noticed the difference immediately by just backing out of the shop.

Going to get a Moog track bar next as mine has some play in it, can't wait to have nicer working steering finally.

Ranchos get my full endorsement over OEM (Albeit my OEM rear shocks were entirely dead lol)

View attachment 311070

Based on your picture it looks like you could remove another inch of your bumpstop to let your shock fully compress. Is their a tire clearance issue?

With a BIG help from @Jamison C, I was able to finish wrapping up my cruise control install. I didn’t have the factory wiring so that was the hardest part.

The servo pigtail I purchased was fried unfortunately which was causing me a lot of issues with the CC not working and shorting out. After figuring out the connect was the problem, I created my own pigtail and the cruise control worked right away.

Now just gonna get it all wrapped up and waterproofed!

Last edited:
Yeah, what slowed me down on Saturday aside from cars that weren't mine I had to get out of the shop was the top rear bolts evan after having soaked in PB blaster for 24 hours were a pain to get out. Was using an impact but the awkward location, lack of good lighting and rusty bolt made it very difficult. Had to break out hand tools to get it out.

I ran out of time, so doing the front shocks before I go home tomorrow, but so far, my TJ with only rear shocks rides amazingly better. I noticed the difference immediately by just backing out of the shop.

Going to get a Moog track bar next as mine has some play in it, can't wait to have nicer working steering finally.

Ranchos get my full endorsement over OEM (Albeit my OEM rear shocks were entirely dead lol)
The rears were more of a pain for sure. I had one bolt that needed a lot of PB blast. Was really hoping I wasnt going to break it

Last edited:
Project 2 Rear cargo area...needed to create more room when overlanding and packing away tools for work ( but still keeping the rear seat bolted in including the seat belts )....as I still use it now and again.
Used 12mm Plywood and also made a cut out for my Jerry Can so I can I use on the longer journeys.
Will need too make a cover to put over the rear seat now just , to tidy it up a bit 😬

View attachment 310891View attachment 310892View attachment 310893View attachment 310894View attachment 310895
That is great. Nice job. I also need to do something like that as the “trunk” behind the seat barely holds a purse or computer, but I find it necessary for top down summertime need to run in to someplace on the way home from work security.

Very nice ! Which model is that? Does it recline? I may go visit prp this week, I want to sit in them before I drop the coin.
These are the Enduro Recliner. Hoping to get them installed before Friday. I like that they have less bolstering than the elites.

Last edited:
Reactions: NskLJ