What did you do to your TJ today?

Busy weekend finishing off a couple projects....PROJECT 1.. New center console...the old one wasn't wide enough and i couldn't secure the contents...So I eventually found a Fat 50 ammo box and 18 mm MDF...Sealed and painted the MDF and shaped the bottom on one side to sit around the handbrake bracket..Plenty of room inside this box, and is a snug fit between the seats.
1st pic is the old one....
View attachment 310885View attachment 310886View attachment 310887View attachment 310888
Did it come with a handle on top? If so how did you remove it? Came out nice!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I removed my top today for the first time and removed my rear seat. I don't want a rear seat because I enjoy having the space, however, I recognize the risk for theft. After looking at aftermarket products and videos and pictures of other peoples projects, I decided to try something different. It was about a two hour project. I cut 2x6's and 2x4's. In the end, I had no vertical supports which gives me all of the factory space under my deck. I can close and lock the tailgate for security. The entire project took 10 screws. I did not need to rip any boards, only cross cuts. It would take minimal time to dismantle. By using 2x's I get plenty of support and strength in my deck without supports. The only disadvantage is weight. I believe the rear seat weighs 40# and my 2x's might be 80#. At this point in time it won't get any points for looks, but this project was started without the creative assistance of any beer. I used left over lumber from other projects so my cost today is zero. The deck goes from about two inches from the front seats, and about two inches from the closed tailgate.

View attachment 311027

View attachment 311028

View attachment 311029

View attachment 311030

I like it. I have 0 issue with the back deck/utility trailer look. Maybe add a few tie down anchors or tiny rocking chairs.

One thing that might be nice if it didn't let rain between the boards to help keep stuff in the back dryer.

I like it. I have 0 issue with the back deck/utility trailer look. Maybe add a few tie down anchors or tiny rocking chairs.

One thing that might be nice if it didn't let rain between the boards to help keep stuff in the back dryer.
Agreed. I have been thinking of covering it with a heavy vinyl black diamond plate look, or carbon fiber look. I don't want it to be difficult to dismantle. Now, I can unscrew 10 screws and remove it very easily. The tie downs will definitely be added. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions: matkal and Kiwi TJ
Actually, I lied. I neglected to add one last thing to the bumper to make it actually complete:

4b8.jpg

Changed the fuel pressure regulator with a Mopar one, was getting extended crank and fuel pressure was bleeding off, sometimes instantly after shutting it off.

Changed the rear diff oil, it's a Dana 44 with trak-loc limited slip. The oil looked pretty nasty. The Jeep has 160k on it and the gears looked good, but the oil had a silvery look, like liquid anti-seize almost. No rear end noise or anything, so I assume it's from the clutch packs in the LSD.

Replaced the old OEM front shocks today, front ones had a little life left but the rear ones were totally shot. Rancho RS5000X I also highly recommend, the ride quality is just better than I imagine it was when new using OEM shocks. Fixed my tailgate not closing correctly, replaced a dead bulb in my third brake light too.

Next up is Valve Cover Gasket and when my tax money comes in, gonna replace the track bar. While I had the front wheels off, I did check the pads and they have lots of life in the pads.

Added a pic of the rear shocks in my scrap metal box. First pic was very early on the first front shock I did.

IMG_20220221_162518.jpg

IMG_20220221_114850.jpg

Attempted to adjust toe today. Had a really bad death wobble after installing lift this fall. Had a toe in of almost an Inch. Wasn't able to move the tie rod sleeve at all. Soaked the threads but probably rust welded. Currently shopping for a replacement tie-rod and tie-rod ends. Only busted one bolt.

PXL_20220221_190203375b.jpg
PXL_20220221_201419988.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Fonz54 and Kiwi TJ