What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed the Rugged Ridge 3in Combo Lights yesterday morning. I bought a premade wiring harness and then had to solder in a 3-wire connector to control the ambient lights too. I might hook them into the parking lights eventually. For now I control both with a 2 button switch. I’m not 100 percent sold on the switch, so I might replace it with another type, but it’ll work for now. No pics with the lights on because it was a day time installation.

I also bought a steering box from another forum member, just waiting on it to arrive. Gonna eventually upgrade to a RedHead Steering box, but this should tide me over in the meantime. Still need to source some steering knuckle stop bolts to keep the tires from rubbing on the lower CAs.
View attachment 311534
Don’t mind the masks. Our mandates haven’t been dropped here yet 🙄 Still gotta show a vax card or a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours in order to eat in restaurants here.
View attachment 311533View attachment 311535

Y'all keep reminding to pull the cowl thingy off. I soon forget about it though. Mine may be very dirty under there.

we hit 70 today in old Saltopia so I bolted from work mid-day to come home & slap on my new rear brakes in advance of my April inspection, buddy told me last time they'd fail this year so all I needed was a warm day to knock it out, weather is supposed to go back to shit tomorrow.

I nearly forgot what a monumental pain in the nutsack installing drum brakes can be, but it's done

IMG_1727.jpg

I bought this TJ (first Jeep) last September and have already removed the awful looking Chrome along with a new bumper, BF Ko2s, Warn Winch, LED headlamps (which are unfortunately not compliant with New Zealand standards so I have to get another set of halogen lamps), black grille slots and steel wheels!
All at 16 years old, it doesn't help the wallet haha.
1998-jeep-wrangler-22045660_13990142.jpg
IMG_8889 Large.png

Last edited:
I bought this TJ (first Jeep) last September and have already removed the awful looking Chrome along with a new bumper, BF Ko2s, Warn Winch, LED headlamps (which are unfortunately not compliant with New Zealand standards so I have to get another set of halogen lamps), black grille slots and steel wheels!
All at 16 years old, it doesn't help the wallet haha.
View attachment 311668View attachment 311669
Good to see another Kiwi on here....Where in NZ are you ?
EDIT...actually just saw your name....bit of a clue eh lol

Reactions: Fonz54
Good to see another Kiwi on here....Where in NZ are you ?
EDIT...actually just saw your name....bit of a clue eh lol
Yeah Palmy haha, I don't see many other Wranglers down in these parts unfortunately :(
I'm also looking for trails to do. Are you aware of any around here? We have Ashhurst River, but that's just river crossings and 10 seconds of mud!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Yeah Palmy haha, I don't see many other Wranglers down in these parts unfortunately :(
I'm also looking for trails to do. Are you aware of any around here? We have Ashhurst River, but that's just river crossings and 10 seconds of mud!
No sorry …. I don’t often come down your way and less now with this whole virus thing.
Do you know anybody in a local 4x4 club they may be able to direct you to local trails.

Posted this under the wrong topic last evening.

Got my new car stereo from Crutchfield today.

Jensen MPR2110 Digital Media Receiver--Am/Fm, with USB and Aux inputs on the front. Bluetooth, and phone capable.
2 JBL4x6 2 way coaxial speakers in the dash.
2 JVC 5 and1/4 speakers in the sound bar.
And all the gear they send with it for installation.

Brown Santa got here at 10 minutes to 1 o'clock pm and I was done by 6.
Laying on my back on the fully reclined seats and trying to wire the speakers in the sound bar and hold it up with the grille and starting the screws just about wore me out. I ended up dropping the left sound bar speaker 3 or four times because my Left shoulder is a couple years past due for replacement, and the right is close behind.
Dash speakers were easy peasy.....
Later I may go for a bigger head unit, but I don't need the dash tore up if someone else wants a free stereo.....

Last edited: