What did you do to your TJ today?

Started assembling the passenger seat brackets and lever after wire wheeling/osphoing/cleaning/painting the other day. Didn’t take photos during the process, but here’s the comparison to the drivers side that I yanked tonight.

A99FA2A5-1E97-458A-900A-1EEF6E0AE0F9.jpeg
9C1C183C-1BC1-4F8E-B723-759978572394.jpeg

I reused two of the fasteners after osphoing them.

I try to get out as much as I can. Plan on being gone fly fishing a lot this spring and summer. Retired and making the most out of it.
That sounds like a great time. Enjoy!
p.s. I'm on my 4th wife so happiness is just a distant memory for me now. 🤫 19 Jeeps/ 4 wives = broke ass man.😬

I try to get out as much as I can. Plan on being gone fly fishing a lot this spring and summer. Retired and making the most out of it.
Sounds amazing my retired friend goes up and fly fishes with a roper and saddle maker named Tiny (he’s a big boy). I had no idea there was perch up there until my friend brought some back. So damn good.

That sounds like a great time. Enjoy!
p.s. I'm on my 4 th wife so happiness is just a distant memory for me now. 🤫 19 Jeeps/ 4 wives = broke ass man.😬
Bummer ! Sorry to hear that. Get out there and enjoy. I married a younger gal and she still works. She helps to support my adventures. lol

Well technically this was yesterday...

View attachment 311770

I'm far from being an engineer but is that truss strong enough to keep the whole axle tube from bending ? It looks to be made from metal that is plenty strong to do the job and I don't think the missing triangles have any negative effect but those vertical slots going though the upper radii and the slots that are centered between those front and back verticals aren't leaving much metal in those areas.

I'm not judging, I'm just hoping for enough info to not worry about your axle when doing some Dukes of Hazzard action.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Sounds amazing my retired friend goes up and fly fishes with a roper and saddle maker named Tiny (he’s a big boy). I had no idea there was perch up there until my friend brought some back. So damn good.
Kind of off subject of this post but I can't help myself. Every August my son and I do a 2 night /3 day float trip on the Flathead river. 168 smallmouth between us last year.

DSCF7554.JPG

DSCF7508.JPG

This reasonable explanation will be scrubbed from existence when they come after you; Chris will be forced to comply after they torture him with high-definition episodes of Sex and the City (he won't last more than 15 minutes and no one will blame him if he needs medical attention and long term therapy).
Why is EVERYTHING hateful now???? These snowflakes think feewings matter.

Reactions: Blondie70
Kind of off subject of this post but I can't help myself. Every August my son and I do a 2 night /3 day float trip on the Flathead river. 168 smallmouth between us last year.

View attachment 311979

View attachment 311981
The fish in the pic of your son looks like no Largemouth Bass I have ever seen. I do like the water craft tho'. They would be great on the little ponds and lakes in the Ohio Power ReCreation Area....

I spent time doing some refresh in the interior. Cleaned everything up, shined up the floor liner with 303 protectant, installed new roll bar cover, and redid a lot of wiring and loom. Mostly though repainted the center console and the dash (not stock color, Sand Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Paint). Turned out better than I expected.

1st pic is everything together after painting and second two are what it looked like. Center console only looks lighter than dash in picture.

new.jpg
old.jpg
center console.jpg

My question would be. WTF are you doing that requires that amount of crap? I know lots of people that have zero issues and bash Jeeps without the absurd overkill. :rolleyes:

Answers to questions...one...there are metal tabs inside the truss to add strength. It's from Barnes and basically I'm following Nate's recipe for building a 30 on his YouTube channel.

What am I doing? Hedging my bets... basically. My cost is low... couple hundred for the tubes, truss and lower control arm skids. I can weld...I can heat the tube and control cool down. I've spent less money on this stuff than most of my upgrades.

Since I am already stripping down the axle and replacing everything for 4.88s and a Super 30 (and 35)...and I have no labor costs...this is just cheapish insurance.

My goal is to drive home from Oregon, pick my dad up in the SF bay area and drive the Rubicon before he gets too old to do it. We used to have awesome backpacking adventures...his decreasing mobility has kept him out of the woods.

Yup...I completely agree it's overkill. But it also sets me up for future mods without completely gutting the axle.

-Mac