What did you do to your TJ today?

Today I was able to verify my new front brake lines are long enough and enjoy not being at work.
20220314_160344.jpg
20220314_160311.jpg

Ordered the Savvy T-case shifter kit. There were nine of them available 1 week ago, it was down to 3 this AM, so I pulled the trigger on it as Goddess knows when they'll be available again or at what cost.

I bought my Viair air compressor for $237 last month - 2 weeks later it was $317! This ain't gonna get better anytime soon, so if you see something you need at a good or at least acceptable price, you'd better grab it...

Ordered the Savvy T-case shifter kit. There were nine of them available 1 week ago, it was down to 3 this AM, so I pulled the trigger on it as Goddess knows when they'll be available again or at what cost.

I bought my Viair air compressor for $237 last month - 2 weeks later it was $317! This ain't gonna get better anytime soon, so if you see something you need at a good or at least acceptable price, you'd better grab it...
Had a buddy order a savvy t-case shifter still took 4 weeks to get to him. Thought that was pretty long wait time for an in stock item.
He likes it though, pretty beefy shifter.

Got my goods from Crutchfield and installed the 5.25 fronts. Used the cheap foam baffle and the rings @Zorba recommended. Holy 💩 what a difference, I had everything but front speakers, now the audio is complete!!View attachment 316119View attachment 316120
I was never able to A/B compare things OTHER than the foam rings - so I don't know how much of a difference there was/is between what was there and the Kickers. But don't forget to *install* the foam rings! ;) :D

I was able to sell the old speakers off on eBay - took a couple of months. I even sold the Kicker Grilles on eBay as well - they sold real quick! *shrug*

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Had a buddy order a savvy t-case shifter still took 4 weeks to get to him. Thought that was pretty long wait time for an in stock item.
He likes it though, pretty beefy shifter.
Hopefully it comes a bit quicker as I ordered it through Amazon - but it doesn't really matter. I'm so far behind on crap to bolt onto this Jeep as it is - Goddess only knows when I'll get to the shifter. I'm currently (slowly) getting the air compressor done, the wiring has been ready to go for 2 years. This means I need to install the in-cab gauge - along with a vacuum gauge - before the compressor project is done, never mind the plumbing and tank (that I probably don't need, but am putting in anyway - it was cheap). Then I have some "rock lites" I wanna put in, a trailer harness, and of course, my new springs followed by new 31s. The springs are held back because I don't want to take the Jeep down while the Mercedes is down, blah, blah, blah - so the shifter kit may get moved up to before the springs. Blah, blah, blah...

Reactions: rustygastank
Last year I rented an excavator and put a my French Line in front of my house. I had just enough time to make a short run through my back 2 acres. Down a holler and back up. Today it’s nice. I took doors off and drove around in my back yard because I can. 😃

F6F4B5B0-05D1-47C1-A709-92E8FD5EE57D.jpeg

78BED6FE-F0F2-4185-A451-0ABC7E5CFE9E.jpeg

DF601247-549F-4FD8-9892-A23C0CC48EFF.jpeg

I was never able to A/B compare things OTHER than the foam rings - so I don't know how much of a difference there was/is between what was there and the Kickers. But don't forget to *install* the foam rings! ;) :D

I was able to sell the old speakers off on eBay - took a couple of months. I even sold the Kicker Grilles on eBay as well - they sold real quick! *shrug*
Every other component was excellent, so it was really easy to tell. Those foam rings were a pain in the a$$!! I had to wedge the inside in and sort of shape it around. I didn’t even peel the sticky side back, they held shape well. Thanks for recommending!

Final broke my bumper bolt free, onward to painting!

Every other component was excellent, so it was really easy to tell. Those foam rings were a pain in the a$$!! I had to wedge the inside in and sort of shape it around. I didn’t even peel the sticky side back, they held shape well. Thanks for recommending!

Final broke my bumper bolt free, onward to painting!
I actually cut mine in half and stuck the two halves on independently.

Not too late for me to do that, they were slightly larger than the speaker too. How much did you get for the covers and old speakers?
Crap, I don't remember now. Something like $10 for the grilles, maybe $25 or so for the pair of speakers? Hell, maybe it was $35 - I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning...

• Haha
Crap, I don't remember now. Something like $10 for the grilles, maybe $25 or so for the pair of speakers? Hell, maybe it was $35 - I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning...
😂 I understand, I reckon maybe I will post them for sale!

Reactions: Zorba