What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally completed replacement of my clutch, ToB, fork, fork spring, pivot ball, pilot bearing. Replaced the transmission & xfer case fluids and engine oil & filter. Of the 4 bolts holding the bell housing to the engine, 1 was broken and 2 were the wrong size. Last guy to work on it was a moron for sure. Clutch is smoothe as silk, no rattling in neutral anymore and I can downshift again without the Jeep acting like a bucking bronco, presumably from not being bolted correctly. View attachment 28187View attachment 28188

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This gives me hope. Looks like I'll be doing this myself also.

Installed these:
f97199142220cd0de67079b1b8628d0e.jpg
ca6e9ba6f070c47277b36812e45131aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This gives me hope. Looks like I'll be doing this myself also.

If you use LUK clutch, don't use their ToB since its got a plastic sleeve. I purchased a Omix Ada 16906.06 ToB with a cast sleeve. Much better choice. Whole reason I had to do the job was because the old ToB destroyed itself....plastic sleeve type. I followed the wet paper method of removing the pilot bearing as seen on You Tube. Worked perfectly using a 17mm hex socket used to remove the tranny drain plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I tried to set up an in cab winch rocker switch. But that didn’t go so well. On a more positive note, my Warn Rear Rock Crawler Bumper arrived from AZ forum member @Chief1942. I’m going to rough it up with some 220, prime it with self etching, paint and mount up. Looks straightforward!
0D58EFF2-49CB-449A-83ED-18A757B41410.jpeg

Well, I tried to set up an in cab winch rocker switch. But that didn’t go so well. On a more positive note, my Warn Rear Rock Crawler Bumper arrived from AZ forum member @Chief1942. I’m going to rough it up with some 220, prime it with self etching, paint and mount up. Looks straightforward!
View attachment 28195

Clean, simple, and functional bumperness!

Reactions: JMT