What did you do to your TJ today?

Why is the shifter so close to the dash? Do you have giant, puffy hands? :unsure:

I’m curious about that too. Fixin to install the B&M short shifter and some of the reviews say it drives their hand into the dash? My shifter is four inches from the dash. Got a tummy tuck and one inch motor lift on it. Wonder what @TJDrew has in his?

Maybe a 3" BL. :unsure:

I have Previous owners project syndrome is what I have lol

Knowns:
Arb compressor
Arb lockers front and rear
Skyjacker steering dampener completely shot (soon to be fox 2.0)
Banks monster exhaust
Pieced together turbo kit with top mount intercooler (definitely not banks)
Ftc1 split second fuel management
Innovate wideband (mounted to close to the turbo and overheats and errors out daily)
SYE kit
Oe front driveshaft
Swing arm spare tire holder
Warn front bumper
Mile marker 12k winch
JKS front sway bar and end links
Generic oil catch can (ran with no outlet so oil blows out top of breather on can and stinks like hell under heavy boost lol
Procomp 15" wheels and bfg ko tires with date code of 2011 (christmas will fix that)

Unknowns:
Type or amount of lift (looks like skyjacker 4" but I have no clue)
Drag link and tie rods (appear to be oem but not sure who would have left them oem after all that work)
Rear driveshaft (definitely been upgraded but not sure what kind)
Shocks (aftermarket red and white but no name on them guessing Amazon or ebay)

Things I have done:
Double din radio
Shifter extension
Reran all exhaust piping to turbo due to front driveshaft having dented the piping and a clamp being completely loose and building zero boost all welded in place now.

I have Previous owners project syndrome is what I have lol

Knowns:
Arb compressor
Arb lockers front and rear
Skyjacker steering dampener completely shot (soon to be fox 2.0)
Banks monster exhaust
Pieced together turbo kit with top mount intercooler (definitely not banks)
Ftc1 split second fuel management
Innovate wideband (mounted to close to the turbo and overheats and errors out daily)
SYE kit
Oe front driveshaft
Swing arm spare tire holder
Warn front bumper
Mile marker 12k winch
JKS front sway bar and end links
Generic oil catch can (ran with no outlet so oil blows out top of breather on can and stinks like hell under heavy boost lol
Procomp 15" wheels and bfg ko tires with date code of 2011 (christmas will fix that)

Unknowns:
Type or amount of lift (looks like skyjacker 4" but I have no clue)
Drag link and tie rods (appear to be oem but not sure who would have left them oem after all that work)
Rear driveshaft (definitely been upgraded but not sure what kind)
Shocks (aftermarket red and white but no name on them guessing Amazon or ebay)

Things I have done:
Double din radio
Shifter extension
Reran all exhaust piping to turbo due to front driveshaft having dented the piping and a clamp being completely loose and building zero boost all welded in place now.

Known issues:
Tires need replaced due to age and dry rot
Very slight play both directions in Drag link (currie correctlink coming after the holidays)
Ball joints (not loose but definitely messy)
Wideband sensor needs relocated further from turbo or maybe a spacer to get it away from some of the heat.

Reactions: John Cooper
I'm on the hunt for some upper half doors with the slide windows myself and looks like I too am gonna pay way too much for them lmao

I hated mine that I used to have. The opening is too small when they're open.
RED JEEP on 32s.jpg

Ahhhhh good to know I didn't think about that full door search it is lmao

The guy gave me a set of fixed canvas uppers (guess that's what they're called), but they are black and I have the khaki soft top. Truth is I'll probably only use em' when it's raining. Nice thing about half doors, I can put the uppers in the back in case the weather changes. I have a set of full doors and a hard top for the shoulder seasons.

The guy gave me a set of fixed canvas uppers (guess that's what they're called), but they are black and I have the khaki soft top. Truth is I'll probably only use em' when it's raining. Nice thing about half doors, I can put the uppers in the back in case the weather changes. I have a set of full doors and a hard top for the shoulder seasons.

Yeah I'm on the hunt for a deal on an oem hard top and was gonna do the upper half doors I have the canvas on metal frame currently was thinking the sliding glass would be good but didn't realize the opening was so small so I'll just keep watching the yards for a couple full doors with roll down windows for the rainy season

XJ buddy bought a TJ which suddenly developed an intermittent crank/no start. Pulled up the harness into the engine bay and started peeling back tape. Finally found 3 insulation cracks right next to each other, and signs that it had been repaired before. Unfortunately I can’t remember what connector it was, but I think it was brown & brown/white wires. (edit: was almost certainly either crank or cam position sensor circuits, they both have similar colored wiring and would result in this behavior).

Spliced in new wire, and re-loomed just about everything. Nothing better than fresh wire loom.

195CB061-8803-414A-98EE-5D9330E8D305.jpeg

Last edited:
Goddamn it - let's try typing this again! Got the front springs done. Little problem other than getting the bolt head & washer from the LCA to drop into the "centering slot" or whatever its called. Had to massage it by moving the Jeep about on the driveway. Passenger side dropped in pretty quick, driver's side fought me a bit.

534-jpg.jpg

533-jpg.jpg

53a.jpg

539.jpg

Last edited: