What did you do to your TJ today?

Drove my newly running TJ to XJ buddy’s house to help him change the fuel level sender on his daughters 92 bronco.

“It’s basically empty” she said.

Easily 10 gallons came out all over everything.

8F1E1618-9AFD-43AE-B17F-7AA14D1DC928.jpeg

This is AWESOME! I have been trying to figure out how to do this for so long!

But, can an OEM switch still be found? Is there a way to modify the one they make to have two lights? So strange they only added one 'on' light.
Yes on eBay. They are not cheap anymore ($70ish). I use the OEM switch with the aftermarket rocker. I painted the back of the switch so the dash light didn't shine through the white and into the "on" light.

I swapped my lower panel for one with more switch locations today. The heated seat switches will get hooked up when my new PRP seats get here. I've got another switch for my spot lights coming to fill the top hole. I'll use an aftermarket rocker on the OEM switch there too. The lower areas are for future lockers (front & rear), air compressor, and power inverter.

20240325_201449.jpg

Yes on eBay. They are not cheap anymore ($70ish). I use the OEM switch with the aftermarket rocker. I painted the back of the switch so the dash light didn't shine through the white and into the "on" light.

I swapped my lower panel for one with more switch locations today. The heated seat switches will get hooked up when my new PRP seats get here. I've got another switch for my spot lights coming to fill the top hole. I'll use an aftermarket rocker on the OEM switch there too. The lower areas are for future lockers (front & rear), air compressor, and power inverter.

View attachment 512287

Where did you get the 3-D printed switch panel? Etsy?

Nice!

I guess if you expect to need to change your speedo gear a 3rd time then $80 for an electronic solution makes sense I guess. Or if you change your tires frequently? Otherwise $40 for the new speedo gear seems like the better buy. You have the gear you already have, the one you changed to, and then you could buy a 3rd one if you needed and still about break even, never mind the reliability question of the device vs how reliable that gear is going to be long term. Or maybe I'm just cheap (very very likely).

Allegedly they don’t make a Speedo gear for my situation. I still have stock 3.07 gears and I have 33s. I’ve kinda gotten used to it at this point but my Speedometer is off by almost 10 at highway speeds. I’d consider an electric solution. Looking at it, I really need to regear my jeep but then at the same time I wanna upgrade the axles as a whole and it’s just gets more and more expensive as I look 😂😂

Reactions: Jacket4256 and hear

View attachment 512287

LOVE this setup! Appreciate you pointing out the vendor. Taking a look at them now.

I really like the seat heater mounting on each side. Good looking setup!

View attachment 512287

Yeah I was just looking for some of them earlier. Worth it though to start stockpiling parts. Any experiences with the On Board Air brand? They seem to have more options but its hard to tell if they are actually laser etched like GCD.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3R4YGS4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

LOVE this setup! Appreciate you pointing out the vendor. Taking a look at them now.

I really like the seat heater mounting on each side. Good looking setup!
Great vendor. I double ordered the blanks (their site and Etsy). They were very accommodating. I chose to cancel the Etsy order since I'm sure they make more money through their site. The fit is perfect on the set up. I like the OEM switch look since I don't want to hack the wiring to make a contura switch work with the rear defroster and wiper.

The wiring on the OEM fog light switches (with the aftermarket rocker installed) is super easy. Just need to bring power in, a ground, the dash lights, and the power out. That's how the "Strobe Lights" and "Driving lights" are set up. The strobe lights are my volunteer firefighter response lights.

Reactions: FarFire70
Yeah I was just looking for some of them earlier. Worth it though to start stockpiling parts. Any experiences with the On Board Air brand? They seem to have more options but its hard to tell if they are actually laser etched like GCD.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3R4YGS4/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Those are fine, but they don't have the dash light back lighting that the OEM fog switch does. The back lighting is a deal breaker for me.

I just bought 5 more OEM fog light switches and plug pig tails to have for my future expansion.

Those are fine, but they don't have the dash light back lighting that the OEM fog switch does. The back lighting is a deal breaker for me.

I just bought 5 more OEM fog light switches and plug pig tails to have for my future expansion.

Oh I agree on the backlight. Still gonna go with the OEM switches, I'm just talking specifically about the rocker itself, to put onto the OEM switch. GCD doesn't seem to have as many options but you can tell they are laser etched, these other ones I can't quite tell.

Oh I agree on the backlight. Still gonna go with the OEM switches, I'm just talking specifically about the rocker itself, to put onto the OEM switch. GCD doesn't seem to have as many options but you can tell they are laser etched, these other ones I can't quite tell.
GCD is where I got my aftermarket switches from to take the rockers out. I just bought from them on eBay. They seem to have more options there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2238640494...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
It’s Texas, so you just burned it off?

We tried but mee maw done came out da house hollering bout it smelt like a damn pole cat got into some bad meskin food. Told us we uh best clean this here shit up for pa paw gets home puts a whoopin on us till next Sunday.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Great vendor. I double ordered the blanks (their site and Etsy). They were very accommodating. I chose to cancel the Etsy order since I'm sure they make more money through their site. The fit is perfect on the set up. I like the OEM switch look since I don't want to hack the wiring to make a contura switch work with the rear defroster and wiper.

The wiring on the OEM fog light switches (with the aftermarket rocker installed) is super easy. Just need to bring power in, a ground, the dash lights, and the power out. That's how the "Strobe Lights" and "Driving lights" are set up. The strobe lights are my volunteer firefighter response lights.

I was wondering on the strobe and figure you must be volunteer firefighter - or hosting parties out in the woods...

Do the OEM-style seat heaters switches offer low/high or is it on/off?

Big fan of the backlighting. A priority for all switches, especially big for those creature comforts you'll reach for regularly.