What did you do to your TJ today?

Haven't done anything to my TJ, took my wife out for our anniversary lunch today!!!!!

Ate at Stevarinos in South Pittsburgh, TN. Great little restaurant that we enjoy.

She had the Mexican Pizza.
View attachment 515789

I had Fish and Chips.

View attachment 515790

Been married for 32 years to this wonderful woman, wouldn't change a thing!!!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Reactions: John Cooper
Been painting today… got the new painted hood, cowl and bezels installed and sanding and painting the front and back bumpers!.. I hate painting 🤪

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8081.jpeg

IMG_8082.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

Painted bezel look good on these jeeps in my opinion

Last edited:
Haven't done anything to my TJ, took my wife out for our anniversary lunch today!!!!!

Ate at Stevarinos in South Pittsburgh, TN. Great little restaurant that we enjoy.

View attachment 515789

I had Fish and Chips.

View attachment 515790

View attachment 515789

I had Fish and Chips.

View attachment 515790

Happy Anniversary, we just celebrated our 31st.

Installed the new Sierra Off Road Trilogy top on my 97 TJ… the topic has come up before about whether the top will fit a 97 through an O2… Sierra off-road says it only fits 03 - 06… it fits a 97 with no problems at all, even the box says for 97 to 06

View attachment 515567

View attachment 515568

View attachment 515569

Very nice top, a lot of heavier than any other top I’ve had including a best top, very quiet on the road and seems to hold the AC well… At $289 and free shipping you can’t beat it…

https://www.autotopsdirect.com/product-p/10-40-tj19702-35.
( mutter mumble) 😠 ...."new fancy soft top!!"…(shakes head and grumbles) 😖 ..."free shipping!!".. 😠 (banging head on table ) ..."quick delivery!!" 🤬 ……. 😭

Last edited:

View attachment 515789

I had Fish and Chips.

View attachment 515790

Happy anniversary to you and your wife…. And thanks for the food pics 🤤

Installed the new Sierra Off Road Trilogy top on my 97 TJ… the topic has come up before about whether the top will fit a 97 through an O2… Sierra off-road says it only fits 03 - 06… it fits a 97 with no problems at all, even the box says for 97 to 06

View attachment 515567

View attachment 515568

View attachment 515569

Very nice top, a lot of heavier than any other top I’ve had including a best top, very quiet on the road and seems to hold the AC well… At $289 and free shipping you can’t beat it…

https://www.autotopsdirect.com/product-p/10-40-tj19702-35.htm

I’d agree from your account and pics - very nice. Jeep sure looks good.

View attachment 515789

I had Fish and Chips.

View attachment 515790

You are gonna poop colors Sherwin Williams ain’t seen .

Congrats John.

“Forget the girls, focus on one good woman and she will help you accomplish everything”

Installed 5 beams with the amigos this am to do a 90 degree load transfer in a house a contractor nearly destroyed. Finished at 12:30 so the plumber could change the cast iron over to pvc between the beams and joists, not through them.

Then fixed HypoClintons 4wd drive switch today, the kid with the new to him white Rubi. I nicknamed him that based on his earlier attempts at faith.😂 He is an amazing story. Rock solid young man, beautiful family and home, super guy.

Locked it and crawled on a rock in his yard and got it done. Lifted rigs sure are easier than stock to crawl under. Took 2 Dorman switches to get one good one.

He had a tall battery hold down stud rubbing his harness at the PCM , caught that in time thankfully.

Another young man wants Clintons 2000 Sahara - it needs control arm bushings all around, has rear steer and was toed out 1/2”- Helped him to air to 26, set toe and it’s tolerable. I let him drive my LJ to see what they can drive like. Nearly had to winch him out of it.

Then painted my half door panels and took the wife out for the evening.

Weather is getting prettier here. I’m ready.

2 am now , waiting for my daughter and grandkids to pull in. Wild bunch.

Last edited:
I broke the plastic clip on the end of the cruise control bowden cable. Sigh. So I went to the self-service junkyard and found six of the clips from Dodge Durangos and RAM 1500s.

IMG-1617.JPG

When disassembling I was dissapointed to see that I couldn't just slide the broken clip off the other end of the cable and slide the new one on. The plastic parts at both ends cannot be removed.

The options were to get an ATP YT-100 (but wouldn't arrive for a week), get an all new cable (expensive) or figure something out with what I have.

I used a dremel to carefully cut a channel in the old clip so I could remove it from the cable and then did the same on a new clip so I could install it.

IMG-1618.JPG

I 3D printed in PETG a small cover.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 232317.png

and expoxied it onto the clip to cover the groove.

IMG-1621.JPG

IMG-1622.JPG

Total repair cost about $1 with $3 to enter the junkyard. Andy

Installed 5 beams with the amigos this am to do a 90 degree load transfer in a house a contractor nearly destroyed. Finished at 12:30 so the plumber could change the cast iron over to pvc between the beams and joists, not through them.

Then fixed HypoClintons 4wd drive switch today, the kid with the new to him white Rubi. I nicknamed him that based on his earlier attempts at faith.😂 He is an amazing story. Rock solid young man, beautiful family and home, super guy.

Locked it and crawled on a rock in his yard and got it done. Lifted rigs sure are easier than stock to crawl under. Took 2 Dorman switches to get one good one.

He had a tall battery hold down stud rubbing his harness at the PCM , caught that in time thankfully.

Another young man wants Clintons 2000 Sahara - it needs control arm bushings all around, has rear steer and was toed out 1/2”- Helped him to air to 26, set toe and it’s tolerable. I let him drive my LJ to see what they can drive like. Nearly had to winch him out of it.

Then painted my half door panels and took the wife out for the evening.

Weather is getting prettier here. I’m ready.

2 am now , waiting for my daughter and grandkids to pull in. Wild bunch.

Busy man you are.

You are gonna poop colors Sherwin Williams ain’t seen .

Congrats John.

“Forget the girls, focus on one good woman and she will help you accomplish everything”

When you get back this way, you will have to try them out!!!!! Good food!!!!!

Reactions: RangerTJ
Busy man you are.

Man I have never owned a recliner. I am active every moment of the day. No motive, just the way I want to live. That was just a glimpse of the day - even went to a small local town to return parts, picked up parts earlier, offloaded tools at shop.

Ross Perot once said “ it does not take forever to accomplish things”. I have never forgotten that.

Man I have never owned a recliner. I am active every moment of the day. No motive, just the way I want to live. That was just a glimpse of the day - even went to a small local town to return parts, picked up parts earlier, offloaded tools at shop.

Ross Perot once said “ it does not take forever to accomplish things”. I have never forgotten that.

Love Ross. His Slogan in his run for President was “Take back America “. I had a 4x8 sheet of plywood with that on it in REd White and Blue in the front yard

Love Ross. His Slogan in his run for President was “Take back America “. I had a 4x8 sheet of plywood with that on it in REd White and Blue in the front yard

He was really a good choice, He was just so radical that America was not ready. He scared ‘em. Why? Because he would have attempted to do what he said he was going to do.

Inspected my cats to see if that was the cause for my sluggish acceleration, definitely not the issue.

Also decided to wash the Jeeps today before the eclipse tomorrow.

View attachment 516019

View attachment 516020

View attachment 516022

He performed a Cat Scan

I think I may have found the Holy Grail of door panel repair-

D9FCD100-9858-46B2-8C6B-1B28118D7AF1.jpeg

First it is designed for a wide variety of similar plastics and designed to hold up under extreme stress and cure quickly-

But most importantly it has the mesh which allows you to strengthen the crack after you drill a hole at the end to make sure it won’t progress

@Hog taught me that- He has more tricks than a two dollar hooker.

You have to work quick and it gets extremely hot fast.

I’m going to use a little Upol filler on the top side, Respray the panel- And see how it goes.

In case you guys are wondering why I am on here on Sunday I had to come in today to make sure this critical repair and replumb was going as planned- but oh Andy aren’t you a big churchgoer and all that? If you look at my post history I really never said much to that effect but I’ll let my morals speak for me.

Why do we go to church and what do we learn there? Hopefully it is to do right by others. There is no schedule for that.

Also I walked into the job and the plumber had changed the main drain direction which was beneficial but he was bringing the main drain down into a doorway despite the fact that the plans were posted on the wall.

In small business there is no substitute for the presence of the owner.

Incidentally when we look out for the best interest of others we tend to do what is best for ourselves in doing so.

Last edited: