What did you do to your TJ today?

Last Sunday. This was much more difficult than I thought lol
D8AC851C-6BBD-437F-87DA-8A55518B76C1.jpeg

CEF0B29E-6C6D-48D0-A629-6B7200D07F78.jpeg

I bought a brand new vehicle and the front was a shade or two off from the factory. Nice seats and paint job. (y)
Thank you!

Really!? I mean yeah I’ll see how it looks when it’s out in the open. Maybe it isn’t that bad. But if if it bothers me then In the future, after the paint dries, I’ll do the fenders. It’ll be about a month or two before I do that.

Next is finish painting my tailgate and the morryde tire carrier. Yellow everything! 😂

Since it will likely be a long time before I bother to get a double DIN navigation/audio/video/pup tent/nuclear powered can opener system for the LJ I decided to hang a tablet from the passenger side of the center bezel. I prefer a tablet to my cell phone because my old eyes need the bigger screen to make any sense of the map app (Gaia GPS) that I use. I mounted a RAM ball level with the panic bar so it is out of the way of my favorite passenger (she prefers the terms "Darling" "Dearest" or just plain "Ma'am").

20240409_103940a.jpg

With the 10" tablet installed it is out of the way but easily readable and the tablet holder can easily be removed and stowed in a pocket on the back of the seat when not in use. It probably (?!) won't get in the way of the passenger airbag and does not interfere with the air vents or the gearshift (NSG370 6-speed manual), although I doubt if I'll be using 5th gear on the trail very often. The ball on top of the bezel is for my phone.

20240409_103434.jpg

While I had the center stack open I finally managed to chase down a truly annoying low frequency buzz behind the dash that has been eluding me for several months. It turned out to be the support bracket for the back of the OEM radio, which I had swapped for an aftermarket single DIN unit several years ago. No idea why it chose to start rubbing on the dash frame when it did, but removing it solved the issue and I can now sleep again on those long road trips to Silverton/Ouray. I'll let "Ma'am" drive until we get to the trail...

Last edited:
Since it will likely be a long time before I bother to get a double DIN navigation/audio/video/pup tent/nuclear powered can opener system for the LJ I decided to hang a tablet from the passenger side of the center bezel. I prefer a tablet to my cell phone because my old eyes need the bigger screen to make any sense of the map app (Gaia GPS) that I use. I mounted a RAM ball level with the panic bar so it is out of the way of my favorite passenger (she prefers the terms "Darling" "Dearest" or just plain "Ma'am").

View attachment 517341

With the 10" tablet installed it is out of the way but easily readable and the tablet holder can easily be removed and stowed in a pocket on the back of the seat when not in use. It probably (?!) won't get in the way of the passenger airbag and does not interfere with the air vents or the gearshift (NSG370 6-speed manual), although I doubt if I'll be using 5th gear on the trail very often. The ball on top of the bezel is for my phone.

View attachment 517343

While I had the center stack open I finally managed to chase down a truly annoying low frequency buzz behind the dash that has been eluding me for several months. It turned out to be the support bracket for the back of the OEM radio, which I had swapped for an aftermarket single DIN unit several years ago. No idea why it chose to start rubbing on the dash frame when it did, but removing it solved the issue and I can now sleep again on those long road trips to Silverton/Ouray. I'll let "Ma'am" drive until we get to the trail...

Did you just screw it to the bezel? If so do you think it will be strong enough to support the tablet?

View attachment 517341

View attachment 517343

I'm really liking this idea!!! My ole eyes aren't what they use to be either, and I doubt I'll do a DD in mine. i mean, hell, you can pick up a used tablet for $20ish on MP these days.