What did you do to your TJ today?

Mounted a fire extinguisher-
F6330E45-7129-4D4D-986E-67419DE4EE6C.jpeg

So keep the 30 but upgrade the carrier and axles. What about the rear? Swap in a 8.8 or upgrade the 35? I don't plan on absolutely beating the TJ, but would like to regear to get back some power. The 33's and 3.73's aren't bad, but could be better. I do want lockers front and rear.

JMO but I'd do the Super 35 kit.

Plenty strong and comes with a locker of your choice.

Transitioning into warmer weather mode, last year for this top I think. Anyone do a good job on these corners? Make a rear window that is easier to open... I believe this is the factory top. it just may shrunk over the years. Can not get them weathertight close.

IMG_4283.jpeg

IMG_4284.jpeg

going to have to zoom in to make out the markings in plastic.

IMG_4286.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished the trailer hitch. Got a 3,500# Mopar hitch from Jeep Connection in South Chicago that had the 7 blade connector on it. Had the hitch powder coated and mounted.
Bought a NOS Mopar wiring harness that had the watertight connectors to tap into the right taillight connector and spliced it into the 7 blade connector. Found a Jeep rubber cover and it's done. All tested and OK.
Looking at a 2" hitch receiver tow point and a shackle.
My back bumper comes back from the powder coater next week.

20240413_165657.jpg

20240413_165700.jpg

My 4-speed Atlas arrived on Tuesday, but I had a hellacious work schedule this week, so I didn't have time to unpack and take inventory. I did so today - it's all there, as far as I can tell. I added it to my ever-increasing (and expensive) pile of parts!

Swapped out my IAC for the one off of my old throttle body. Doesn't appear to be much, if any, change. I think I still have a high idle on cold start and just can't figure out why. Can't find any vacuum leaks anywhere. My only other guess is possibly a small crack in the bottom of the intake manifold that closes up as the intake warms up, but I'd like to be able to verify that before I start taking everything apart.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
My 4-speed Atlas arrived on Tuesday, but I had a hellacious work schedule this week, so I didn't have time to unpack and take inventory. I did so today - it's all there, as far as I can tell. I added it to my ever-increasing (and expensive) pile of parts!

Looks like you need to give up sleep and get busy on the jeep. 🤣

Finally some warm weather in the Mitten, so tackling my front bumper in prep for the Warn 8000 I picked up on FB Marketplace for $100 and will be rebuilding this summer. PO welded the bumper to the front frame ends, then welded down the factory tow hooks for good measure. 6 cutoff wheels later, I have it all apart and will be prepping the bumper and painting it this week after work.

Since I had some room with the bumper off, decided to replace the (original, probably) sway bar bushings with Moog, which have been in the parts pile since Christmas. Of course, 2 bolts came out with Kroil and the breaker bar, 1 rounded over, and the last one is just spinning (spot welds on nut broke free inside the frame, I'm guessing).

20240413_184534~2.jpg

Not sure how I'm going to get this off, at this point. Suggestions welcome!