What did you do to your TJ today?

Fixed my DW (rotated tires) and took it for a half hour drive to confirm it. It's been getting DW since I had to pay someone to work on it. They knocked a few weights off my front wheel. Had one lug nut that didn't want to come off. Luckily it was the lug and not the stud. Figures that I can't find one old lug nut in my tool box. I stole one off the spare until I get one. Will get the wheels balanced again soon.

Last edited:
Yeah, from doing some Googling, it looks like if you mix washer fluids, it can cause a chemical reaction with the paint. I'm taking it back to my detailer later today to see if he can do anything about it.

I hate to say it, but a BEFORE picture of the stain would allow us to hate it even more.

And hopefully an AFTER picture will make us all happy Jeepers.

Trektop partially on, maybe as far as it gets for a while as nice as the weather has been!

PXL_20240425_210455161.jpg

Hood cowl seal. Hopefully that stops some of the leaks onto the back of the engine. When I first got it, it was running pretty bad. Changed plugs, plug wires and coil and couldn't figure out why there was water in the last cylinder hole? Was worried about a gasket leak, but seems it was just the cowl seal.
IMG_7215.jpg
IMG_7216.jpg
IMG_7217.jpg

Fixed my DW (rotated tires) and took it for a half hour drive to confirm it. It's been getting DW since I had to pay someone to work on it. They knocked a few weights off my front wheel. Had one lug nut that didn't want to come off. Luckily it was the lug and not the stud. Figures that I can't find one old lug nut in my tool box. I stole one off the spare until I get one. Will get the wheels balanced again soon.

That's one easy DW fix! Could've been a lot more work.

It would also be helpful to know what two washer fluids were mixed to create a paint-marring cocktail! An ounce of prevention...

I personally like to a mix of Purple Power and Simple Green, with just a touch of diesel fuel in my windshield cleaner tank! It also works great for laxative! 😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Trektop partially on, maybe as far as it gets for a while as nice as the weather has been!

View attachment 521758

Speaking of soft tops, how do you get bird crap out of the textured surface? We live in the mountains and birds love to use it as a port a poti. I've tried pressure washing, hand washing, etc. So for no dice.

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ