What did you do to your TJ today?

It would also be helpful to know what two washer fluids were mixed to create a paint-marring cocktail! An ounce of prevention...

I have no idea what I used. I just go to Advanced Auto and grab whatever bottle I see on the shelf. I use the same stuff in my Subaru Outback that is white and there aren't any stains on it.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and sab
I have no idea what I used. I just go to Advanced Auto and grab whatever bottle I see on the shelf. I use the same stuff in my Subaru Outback that is white and there aren't any stains on it.

That may be the problem if you're using generic or store brand. The PO had cheap cleaner in the reservoir and it did nothing. It was basically colored water. Next time try a good national brand.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
BEFORE

This was washed and waxed on Monday and these still are there.

View attachment 521791

You might pull the line that feeds that nozzle and check what condition it's in. Run some water through it for a minute and see what comes out. I've seen this happen a few times when the rubber starts to degrade on the inside and breaks down into a powdery/chalky like state and becomes a bit of a slurry when mixed with the washer fluid.

Oddly, i don't recall ever noticing it on the windshield, it always seems to trickle onto the hood. I've seen it clog up a nozzle before, too.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and AndyA
Last edited:
043271F6-B484-4E19-9ECA-42FC1898DC70.jpeg

Got a new rear cardan shaft and swag-

And traded my old rear and front to a guy for a new Adams front-

6D2149E0-2B0B-4BF7-BD07-87258A7C23FF.jpeg

Love the smooth driveline -

Got my winch switch in-

96EA5FEE-7E76-4405-A6DF-FDE55E6C539D.jpeg

Really happy with this TJR -

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of those Bestop Soft Top cleaner kits that I got as a gift. It had their cleaner in it. I've also used whatever parts store jug of car wash soap I happen to have at the time.

This is the brush I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LOJK208/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Huh. Must be something special about that brush. Maybe stiffer? I've tried brushes with some n still no go. I don't know what these birds eat around here but I hope they'd change their diet!

Huh. Must be something special about that brush. Maybe stiffer? I've tried brushes with some n still no go. I don't know what these birds eat around here but I hope they'd change their diet!

I hate fat fingering while typing on cell phone. I meant to say I've tried a brush with soap to no avail.

I washed my LJR and detailed it recently.....5 minutes later a huge flock of blackbirds trashed it ....

move on bird mess fast-

1317C434-18E5-4A88-AECD-7821CB37F587.jpeg

I don't know, it's worked on what I've had, but maybe it wasn't that bad.