What did you do to your TJ today?

Boogie, if that milage is for real it seems like a great deal! And here, near you and I. If I didn't fear the wrath I the wife I'd go look at it! 🤣

I thought the price was good for a car dealer. I paid $8,900 for my white 03' auto with 27,000 miles on it. I wish I never sold that Jeep.

Finally tossed my junkyard disc swap for the rear 44 in. Liberty backing plate, pads and rotors, rubicon e brake cables, and grand Cherokee rubber brake hose. Much better than the tired drum setup it had prior.

IMG_1034.jpeg

Helped my son with his '99 Sahara today. Fixed his battery cable ends, an almost completely broken ground cable on the battery terminal, loose ground strap to the hood, found that his battery hold down was off and put that back on, fixed his console bezel that was loose and coming off, and diagnosed a bad blower motor! More work to do, but not bad for a Sunday afternoon.

After over a month since buying it (the seat foam, not the LJ), I finally got around to pulling my driver side seat and replacing the seat base foam with the new piece from Summit. The difference is grossly remarkable, even when compared to the passenger side seat which shows little to no signs of use since 2005. I feel pretty safe in saying this is the best $75 I've spent on Tessie thus far.

Maybe I can convince Summit to start making some decent replacement door seals for the TJ... :unsure:

IMG_20240428_153926409.jpg

Last edited:
After over a month since buying it, I finally got around to pulling my driver side seat and replacing the seat base foam with the new piece from Summit. The difference is grossly remarkable, even when compared to the passenger side seat which shows little to no signs of use since 2005. I feel pretty safe in saying this is the best $75 I've spent on Tessie thus far.

Maybe I can convince Summit to start making some decent replacement door seals for the TJ... :unsure:

View attachment 522638

Ours was so bad a few years ago that I swapped out to JK seats.
That was more expensive and more hassle.
I wish these had been available then.
Yours looks great.

Reactions: chili_pepper
Ours was so bad a few years ago that I swapped out to JK seats.
That was more expensive and more hassle.
I wish these had been available then.
Yours looks great.

This was the big issue as the fabric is in great shape, just that the foam had seen too many sweaty Floridian and Texan asses in the last 18 years. I've seen and sat in worse, but I didn't realize just how bad mine was until today. I'm glad Summit decided to start making them and I suspect they're selling well.

Finally tossed my junkyard disc swap for the rear 44 in. Liberty backing plate, pads and rotors, rubicon e brake cables, and grand Cherokee rubber brake hose. Much better than the tired drum setup it had prior.

View attachment 522628

Cool! Can you share details and picture of what/how you did the brake lines? That is the area I am stuck on with planning. Thanks! Andy

Reactions: John Cooper
This was the big issue as the fabric is in great shape, just that the foam had seen too many sweaty Floridian and Texan asses in the last 18 years. I've seen and sat in worse, but I didn't realize just how bad mine was until today. I'm glad Summit decided to start making them and I suspect they're selling well.

I put some rubber on the base frame on the outside where the seat cover rubs against it. The sharp edge destroys the tab that holds the cover on.