What did you do to your TJ today?

Took the top off for the first time since having this jeep and Installed a LJ version alien sunshade.

I thought the top would be up high enough to still be able to get my dually in the shop to hook up to one of the trailers. Not the case so I'll be moving it onto a table here soon. Will need a 3rd person to undo the straps while we move it. Oh well.View attachment 41032View attachment 41033View attachment 41034

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
If you wanted to lay down about $150, a Harken Hoist would give you the clearance you need.

Alien Shade looks good. Looks a little loose over the sound bar, might pull back to tighten a bit!

Reactions: Riddler6.7
Installed 03-06 seats in my 01 TJ. Once installed, they were lower sitting in the jeep but had some 1" spacers and went to hardware store to get some longer bolts and that did the trick. Next are the seat covers due in next week.
What kind of seat covers are you getting?

Well today we put my front Mopar sway bar on, since I have been riding without one. Sure handles better and still rides nice. Figured I would take a picture of my Jeep on the rack because there were two other heavily modified Jeeps next to mine. One CJ and one YJ (I think). The CJ is super high and both of those have lockers and a host of stuff going on.

05122018911.jpg
05122018912.jpg

Changed my transmission and transfer case oil.
Wasn't too hard, I just wish I could easily clean the top side of the pan under all of it without dropping it. I noticed I will need to change the muffler soon.

Reactions: jeep_boss
Since I roll with no back seat, my seat belt metal buckles bang against the rear vertical posts making all kinds of racket especially at Hwy speeds.
View attachment 41128
So I zip tied them to the vertical posts. Works great :)
Well, you put a stop to that. I used a bungee. The banging can be quite annoying! ;)

Reactions: KCsTJ
Since I roll with no back seat, my seat belt metal buckles bang against the rear vertical posts making all kinds of racket especially at Hwy speeds.
View attachment 41128
So I zip tied them to the vertical posts. Works great :)

When I took my rear seat out to do the Bed Tred, I was like “Oh if I take the seat belt plugs out too the bed would look a lot cleaner” then “Oh if I take the rear seat bracket out even better” then “Oh I could take the seat belt straps off the roll bars too” so now everything is outta there! Kept it all and wouldn’t take long to reinstall. I like the clean look.

I would love to pull the back seat but the amount of times I have gone to the HS to pick up my daughter from lacrosse or whatever and she appears with a couple extra kids that need a ride home. This is not even my DD but it happens too often for me to remove it.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley