What did you do to your TJ today?

Heard some BOOM BOOM and had to throw the cover on. I knew I should have put it on a little earlier! Glad it's not a hard rain.

20180603_233028.jpg
20180603_233125.jpg

@b0xcar, Which cover is that?

I hear the thunder rumbling here too. Yeaaaaa rain!!!
I'm currently in Georgetown. It's coming down pretty good now!!! We sure do need the rain!
20180603_235719.jpg
20180603_235608.jpg

This is the covercraft weathershield quick cover. It's been in a small shower before and has done well so farfor me. This will be the biggest test though. Water does pool up over the front seats as you can see in the first pic.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
I'm currently in Georgetown. It's coming down pretty good now!!! We sure do need the rain! View attachment 43224 View attachment 43225

This is the covercraft weathershield quick cover. It's been in a small shower before and has done well so for me. This will be the biggest test though. Water does pool up over the front seats as you can see in the first pic.
I had this problem when I owned my beach buggy...I ended up cutting down a broom handle to prop up the middle to let the rain roll off....worked well

I'm currently in Georgetown. It's coming down pretty good now!!! We sure do need the rain! View attachment 43224 View attachment 43225

This is the covercraft weathershield quick cover. It's been in a small shower before and has done well so farfor me. This will be the biggest test though. Water does pool up over the front seats as you can see in the first pic.

Storming good here in Round Rock now, too.

That's the cover I want to get from Quadratec. Had one for my TJ and it held up superbly well even in heavy rains. It pooled on top same as yours but never leaked thru. And surprisingly the door flaps held out the rain really well. Hoping the quality is same as the old one which was from about 10 years ago.

Storming good here in Round Rock now, too.

That's the cover I want to get from Quadratec. Had one for my TJ and it held up superbly well even in heavy rains. It pooled on top same as yours but never leaked thru. And surprisingly the door flaps held out the rain really well. Hoping the quality is same as the old one which was from about 10 years ago.
Nice, that's good to know! I purchased this one around 8 years ago. Obviously doesn't get much use living in Texas. I can gladly say money well spent now! Will find out in the AM how well it does.

Nice, that's good to know! I purchased this one around 8 years ago. Obviously doesn't get much use living in Texas. I can gladly say money well spent now! Will find out in the AM how well it does.
Great test by the sounds of it...take a bucket for bailing out just in case..hehe

Did you sand them down as part of your prep?
Not really. Just removed the burrs left from the laser and any tooling marks left from the brake. I also eased the sharp corners left from the shear. Paint will pull away from a sharp corners, so the softer they are, the better your result will be. I didn't get crazy, just made sure they were not sharp.

Reactions: JMT