What did you do to your TJ today?

After being frustrated for a while, I decided to figure out why my steering was loose, creaking, clanking, other sounds, steering wheel always off center and swaying all over the road.
Tighten the frame side track bar mount; creak 1 fixed.
Check all other bolts related, damn near everyone had play. Fixed all that.
Here is the part that pissed me off; I've been paying Firestone auto for the "lifetime" alignment, well, both tie rod bar clamps were loose. Those knuckleheads stripped both bolts and the entire rod was just kind of doing its own thing.
Didnt have the "correct" bolts to replace but had some that are good enough until tomorrow.
Test drive: Theres the TJ I love to drive. Sterring is tight and tracts correctly.
Always fun laying on the concrete turning wrenches.

I feel your pain, it's hard to find a shop that does good work. I recently rotated my tires and found a cross-threaded wheel stud. They just want our $$$, may as well do it yourself

Reactions: KCsTJ
What fenders are those? I like the look of the flat fender.
Those are MCE fenders, made up in the pnw. Awesome company and the guys are super cool.
BF64FBEB-A05D-4AD0-B3CA-EB892461C28D.jpeg

The Army Corps of Engineers reopened the Lakeland Park boat ramp on Lavon Lake, about a mile from my house.
Naturally I had to check it out today after i finished my pool service route.
20180725_125502.jpg

I usually finish my route by noon to beat the brutal afternoon Texas heat. :)
Did you see my new functional hood louvres i installed recently ? I just love those things ! :)

The Army Corps of Engineers reopened the Lakeland Park boat ramp on Lavon Lake, about a mile from my house.
Naturally I had to check it out today after i finished my pool service route.
View attachment 48746
I usually finish my route by noon to beat the brutal afternoon Texas heat. :)
Did you see my new functional hood louvres i installed recently ? I just love those things ! :)
Was going to comment on how good the louvers look on your rig before I even got to you mentioning them. They look great!

Thank you @Squatch !
I think you need to get a set for your rig. You know while you're buying parts n all :)
I have been actively searching for a set. Hmmm...maybe I'll just get a set of those bitchin' chrome stick-on fake Buick port-holes I see people putting on their cars! Yeah, baby! We be da shit, then! ;)
:facepalm:

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and KCsTJ
I found set of those Cherokee hood louvers, the guy wants $100 he said they are plastic and not metal?
I believe that's correct. Seems like I read that somewhere, and was rather surprised by it. So, $100 for a set of the '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 hood louvers? If they have all the mounting hardware and they're not beat all to hell, I'd snag them up, if you're looking for a set. If not, I'd be interested in them...;)

Finally completed the wiring harness for my Mopar approved Autometer auto tranny temp gauge.
You can see the circle cutout where it will be installed in the console.
20180725_152355.jpg

The wiring isn't pretty but the connections are solid and soldered where needed.
Power will be supplied by a tap connected to the fuse box.
Wiring is straight forward. 2 grounds, 2 inputa and 1 wire to the sensor.
I plan to do a full "How to" once the sensor bung is welded to the pan which is next on the list.

I found set of those Cherokee hood louvers, the guy wants $100 he said they are plastic and not metal?
Thats right cliffish, but a high grade plastic.
They are rare , i hear, thats why so much coinage .. :-/

Edit: had the louvres not been functional I would not had anything to do with them. I paid $130....ouch impulse buy. But hey it's for my 97 TJ :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
Last edited: