What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm in process of overhauling my TJ (see thread)...today I conquered those stubborn lower front swing arm cam bolts. I win!!!

20180722_225204.jpg

20180725_191835.jpg

20180725_191816.jpg

Reactions: Squatch
I believe that's correct. Seems like I read that somewhere, and was rather surprised by it. So, $100 for a set of the '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 hood louvers? If they have all the mounting hardware and they're not beat all to hell, I'd snag them up, if you're looking for a set. If not, I'd be interested in them...;)
well I think I blew that one waited too long...the plastic threw me...oh well

how do you like this sony h/u?

I love it actually. It has apple CarPlay and can access a few apps from my phone. I particularly like that I can use the map on my phone for navigation and it displays on the screen and plays through the speakers. It’s simple and functional. Not bad at all for a $400 head unit

Reactions: DA RUNT
Finally completed the wiring harness for my Mopar approved Autometer auto tranny temp gauge.
You can see the circle cutout where it will be installed in the console.
View attachment 48754
The wiring isn't pretty but the connections are solid and soldered where needed.
Power will be supplied by a tap connected to the fuse box.
Wiring is straight forward. 2 grounds, 2 inputa and 1 wire to the sensor.
I plan to do a full "How to" once the sensor bung is welded to the pan which is next on the list.
I've been wanting to do something similar , but, wanted to install a transmission cooler first, then temp gauge.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Thats what I did @Clint. Here is a pic of my tranny cooler
View attachment 48834
Installed this year, it's a basic Flex a lite transmission cooler. I used AN6 fittings and have zero leaks, it's working great.

That’s cool!!! Pun intended :D I did something similar but used a dual kit from PSC for the AT and PS since I’m upgrading to hydro assist here soon. I could use the extra steering capability since I like to play in the rocks
061E1151-CB5B-4FF2-A323-E3BB726A66B4.jpeg

Well today was a bad day to work on my TJ. Went out to do a quick 5 minute ignition cylinder change and when i opened my door my glass slider fell out of the frame and shattered. What was supposed to be a quick easy job turned into an expensive job. Now im going to have to order frames. Im not going to pay 600 bucks for glass sliding windows when i can but hard doors for that price. Thankfully I saved the soft uppers from the new soft top i bought.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Well today was a bad day to work on my TJ. Went out to do a quick 5 minute ignition cylinder change and when i opened my door my glass slider fell out of the frame and shattered. What was supposed to be a quick easy job turned into an expensive job. Now im going to have to order frames. Im not going to pay 600 bucks for glass sliding windows when i can but hard doors for that price. Thankfully I saved the soft uppers from the new soft top i bought.
Ouch...I hate it when you go out to do a simple job and it turns into mission.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Clint
Took my TJ in to get the lights looked at after they failed the other night ( I'm useless at anything electrical )….. lo and behold the connection behind the light switch had melted....I'm hoping its a cheap fix as I had some money set aside for some Ranchos RS5000X and was about to pull the trigger on them :(

EDIT: (3 hours later) Just got my Jeep back from the Auto Sparky...Told me they only spend about 30 mins on it and its all good to go again...yaaaay...best part it cost me Zip, Nada, Zero, Nothing, Free......Ranchos here I come. :D

Last edited:
mid-season diff fluid change, love the drain plugs on these things, they really make it easy to do this. Dip stick too, although the oil looked good on the stick I'll still do this twice a year to make sure there's not a big chunk of ring gear stuck to the magnet on the drain plug :eek:, it's worth 20 minutes & $27.00 ;)

Diff change 1.JPG
Diff change 2.JPG

Added a new headunit and Polk speakers. I will complete the full system install this fall. It's too hot right for all that

Nice features:
Bluetooth with aptx for high quality streaming

Satellite radio (nice when I go camping and there is no internet or radio stations)

Weather band radio tuner (should be useful because I always check the weather on my phone when I fish off the coast)

Aux

USB

Pandora

View attachment 47036
Dang man! Your interior is so clean! Looks great thanks for sharing.

Lou

Reactions: GTboosted
Installed a couple accessories.

Bartact Winch Cover. Supposed to not fade. We'll see. It has a two year warranty against fading.
View attachment 49058

Also got my spiderweb shade installed. Man, is it nice. Glad I finally just decided to buy one.

View attachment 49059
Dude, you just got a spidey shade?! How could you live without one? Nice, yes man, it is nice!

Winch cover looks robust. I use one too, not too excited about exposing my SR to the elements. Good purchase.

Reactions: Mike_H