What did you do to your TJ today?

Went to work on my truck. It was so nice outside i said fuck it.....
And went offroading instead
20190120_130147.jpg

20190120_130147.jpg

Installed a new connector for my driver side headlight to replace the factory one that was burnt, cracked, and actually melted. Then since I had free range of a heated and decently lit garage I went ahead and put on my center console arm rest followed by routing the coax between my radio and the new antenna mounted above my passenger tail light.

Still tracking down where the short in the wiring is to my multiswitch is. Hoping this week I can find an fix it.

1. Installed Bartacts Black on Black front seat covers with lumbar support. Replaced old faded neoprene covers.
2. Remounted Subwoofer and capacitor after Bedrug install. Broke the capacitor mount when removing and had to wait on new one to arrive.
3. Installed 3rd brake light flasher.

1. Installed Bartacts Black on Black front seat covers with lumbar support. Replaced old faded neoprene covers.
2. Remounted Subwoofer and capacitor after Bedrug install. Broke the capacitor mount when removing and had to wait on new one to arrive.
I don't see any pictures? How did the seat covers turn out?
How do you like the BedRug?
"Pictures or it didn't happen".

Bartact rock. They really make a TJ interior look good...I have really enjoyed mine.

Bent the trans cross over. Wondering what Armor to put under. I have the Oil pan 3/16 TeraFlex. Wondering what to put on for trans and transfer case.

Bent the trans cross over. Wondering what Armor to put under. I have the Oil pan 3/16 TeraFlex. Wondering what to put on for trans and transfer case.
UCF? Barnett 4x4? Savvy? Rokmen?

The last couple of weeks:

Remanufactured trans (AX5)
AX5 shifter rubber boot
The squirrels rear main seal
Luk clutch
National throw-out bearing
Timken pilot bearing
slave cylinder
rear pinion seal
TC drop removal
1" MML installed
TC mount
TC cable shifter

Its nice to be back on the road after a few months down.

Since the weathermen predicted a blizzard, I decided to stay indoors and turn some wrenches. I fired up the garage heater and got to work. I rebuilt the front brake calipers ($15 ea vs buying new ones) since they were very corroded. The black sludge inside was nasty. I also replaced both front brake hoses (OEM) since they were the originals and the brakes felt a bit soft, partly because they were old and partly because of the crap inside the calipers. That part of the plan went great, now for the rant.

When I first bought the Jeep, I noticed the previous owner had replaced the brake lines with standard coiled line, not the original OEM formed lines. No big deal, they work just as well so I thought one less thing to worry about. As I removed the flare fitting from the passenger hose, I noticed how corroded the hard line was but I didn't give it a second thought because I wanted to get it done to play in the snow. When I began to bleed the brakes, the line popped where it ran over the frame on the passenger side. So off I went on an exciting trip to the autoparts store in the blizzard to get some brake line.

Here is the real reason for the rant - the POS previous owner ran new line all the way to the frame on the passenger side and then coupled it to the old line, which ultimately blew. WTF!!! He literally left 12 inches of old rusty line. Who does that? 12 inches of crap connected to new line. I wanted to punch him in the throat.

Needless to say, I visually inspected every inch of the other lines to make sure he didn't do this anywhere else. And once everything was buttoned up and the brakes were fully bled, my son and I drove it around the backyard through 2 ft snow drifts just to make sure everything was "good".

Installed the new radio in the TJ. Great help videos found on here.

View attachment 73009
Looks great. Question for those that converted to double din: Any fear of theft? I park mine in the garage nightly, but it frequently gets parked at trailheads for hikes, and in hotel parking lots when out of state for trail rides. Most of y'all have hardtops, or better security? I'd love to make the jump to a real DD head unit, just worry it'll get swiped.

Reactions: Bitsniffer