What did you do to your TJ today?

Why I bought a Michigan Jeep when I live in Florida. Short story: When I turned 17 I told my parents that I was tired of them telling me what to do and I wanted to enlist in the Army. Let the irony steep. My father, himself a Vet, chuckled a little and said “Ok.” Things clearing up for you? 😁 Actually, I set a budget for the vehicle and for repairs and this one fit. Even with the frame kit and other things it needs vs. the one I nearly bought I’m still ahead $2k. I didn’t weld the Safety caps on but I was there and did a lot of the grunt prep work which was a good intro to working on a Jeep. Today was new steering stabilizer, front shocks, and putting the running boards back on. Tomorrow is ‘Drive On The Beach Saturday.’ You Michiganites going ice fishing? ⛄
No ice fishing for me. Its actually been a dangerous year to ice fish...too many thaws. I hope that you stay ahead of the one you nearly bought. I'm not sure if I have...Mine is relatively clean, but rust is insidious. At the time I was buying southern Rubicons were going from the mid teens to 20K. Mine was listed at 10,500 in Mid-Indiana. Spent most of its life in Ohio. Solid Frame but I've already welded in some new steel to the body and have more to go. I can do my own work, so I am ahead money wise, but I tell ya, it sure does get old fighting the cancer every time I work on something.

Reactions: Jed57 and KCsTJ
Now that Radio Shack is gone, where did you get the capacitor? I have a diode laying around from some changes I did to my truck lighting.

Had a few capacitors for my TV that I ordered off ebay - bought low esr ones.

Google 2200uf panasonic

Panasonic FM 2200uf 16V, Low-ESR, Electrolytic Capacitor, Radial Lead, 7000 Hours @ 105C, 20% Tolerance, (12.5 x 25mm) L x Dia. (Pack of 6) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F5JGYWQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a trail ride at Bull Creek with my club and others!
69869093d14be446640ce8963c97f8a2.jpg
0282ccfe9b818e0df4857f3742f6fbec.jpg
4553ed360fa998a9d1f3ee49b8e9c415.jpg
2ecba717a8bcbd0b55dc53e572db41d9.jpg
2a100f3b7e1c8e3449bda788486a200a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had the cracked manifold replaced. If yours is cracked, don't put it off. Trust me.
On top of that, did spark plugs, air filter, oil change (no picture as I'm super embarrassed of the 1.5 qts of tar that came out), and tail lights.
Never underestimate the benefits of a basic tuneup. She drives like a new old car again.
Very happy with the tail lights. Cutting the whole made my butthole pucker though!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I am planning on going to Jeep Beach, coming from the Jax area. Not sure how many days/events I will attend. Any advice?
Couldn’t tell you Mike. Never been to. I’ve seen them all over town during past events and watched some great YouTube vids of past years. This is the first year I’ll have a Jeep during event.

Reactions: TJMIKE
Weather hit a balmy 37°F this afternoon so I took the opportunity to installed the iSimple Bluetooth system into the LJ this afternoon. Working great right now. Tucked everything behind the glove compartment. Thanks again @danof76 for posting about it.

Stripped down the replacement tailgate getting it ready to drop off to paint. Only had to drill out one bolt. Thanks to that same bolt I managed to score the tailgate for $50.

From what I read the lack of vents in this tailgate wont be too much of an issue.
7a2464c6d2541d975dcbd67dad14eb95.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Added on-board-air for tire fill up and eventually going to do ARB lockers. Purchased the kit from Mountain Off-Road, with their compressor mount.

Some notes on this kit, I do not recommend this product if you have an SPod (specifically the compressor mount)

The kit was specific for the TJ and said "NOTE: This bracket will work with the SPOD! " in the description, but it doesn't fit between the SPod and break booster. I had to modify the SPod mounting bracket and move it over to the side a half inch, but it's still really tight and now difficult to open the latch for the SPod. I will likely try and find a different mounting location. This mount would work fine without the SPod though.

I also purchased the SPod wiring harness that gets rid of a bunch of switch wiring. The compressor kept blowing the switch fuse and I narrowed it down to that harness, I cut the end off the compressor wiring and wired it directly to the SPod and no more issues.

Haven't mounted or plumbed the 1 gallon tank that came with the kit yet because I will probably get a 2 or 3 gallon one, also still need to decide where to mount the air chuck, any suggestions?

But, It's in, it's solid, it's running, and it's putting out a bunch of air! Can't wait to try it out!!

Check out my full build at https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/my-long-overdue-2004-sport-build.17973/

Thanks

I noticed cracks all over my alternator so fitted one of those Dodge Durango ones yesterday, it had an extra mount on it so had to saw that off (covered it in cling film to avoid any metal dust getting inside it) got caught in the rain doing this... View attachment 80248

View attachment 80249
Do you have a part number please for Durango alternator? On my list to do thanks

On Friday, I started working on it at noon and didn't get it all buttoned up until 3am (off road meet at 7am, an hour and a half away). Brakes done, front suspension done, rear suspension 2/3 done, steering done, clockspring done, fluids and filters changed, battery wiring un-fubar'd and battery hold-down installed, fire extinguisher installed, replaced burned out lights and got all the gear loaded up. Some unpleasant discoveries were made.
Things like a ground-down caliper slide

Strawberry milkshake in the t-case

And when I finally got it together and drove it for the very first time... yep, you guessed it. Multi-cylinder misfire! Yay!

I already have new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, injectors and injector connectors. I'll check the valve rotation situation and then look at crank sensor, pickup coil and TPS sensor. But it's running, driving and we had a fantastic time at the offroad meet. I'm not going to work on it any more for at least a week.