What did you do to your TJ today?

While removing the rear housing of the 231, I cracked an "ear" on the oil pump. Oops.[emoji35] thankfully I still had my old NP249 from my ZJ laying around![emoji2] however, when I went to test fit the oil pump from the 249 in the TJ, it wouldn't seat all the way. I had to take both oil pumps apart and swap the rear half of the ZJ one onto the front half of the TJ one. Saved about $50 that way.
b594c4fd4e58f436c22e345846cbff1a.jpg
45bfe8ac823074f344199b232d602e33.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
More like "this week" for me, RE thread title:

New Water Pump
New Thermostat
New Serp Belt

Identified the point of origin for a trans fluid leak and bought parts to repair it.
Identified a funky looking injector and began research into diagnosing and fixing it.

I have tube fenders. Generally I like them (potential for door swing damage aside). What I don't like is that there are no good turn-signal options with most tube fenders. The little LED light is almost invisible in daylight and not much help at night either. This weekend I finally implemented a solution: Cheap Flexible LED Lights Mounted on the Tube Fender. I still have some cosmetic finish work (wire and epoxy) to complete. But they are functional and more importantly, other drivers now know when I plan to turn or change lanes (when I'm on the road).

Funky looking? Was it wearing platform shoes and bell bottoms?

Pics of it in my build thread. The third Injector, instead of having its connection pointing straight up, was pointing down at a 45 degree angle and there's a lot of blow-back dirtiness around it.

Pics of it in my build thread. The third Injector, instead of having its connection pointing straight up, was pointing down at a 45 degree angle and there's a lot of blow-back dirtiness around it.

Looks to me like it's just rotated around. There's really nothing but o-ring friction keeping them in position. With the mess around it, you may have lost the o-rings.

Looks to me like it's just rotated around. There's really nothing but o-ring friction keeping them in position. With the mess around it, you may have lost the o-rings.

Yeah, that's what I'm gathering from the digging I've been doing. Another weekend project added to the list.

I have tube fenders. Generally I like them (potential for door swing damage aside). What I don't like is that there are no good turn-signal options with most tube fenders. The little LED light is almost invisible in daylight and not much help at night either. This weekend I finally implemented a solution: Cheap Flexible LED Lights Mounted on the Tube Fender. I still have some cosmetic finish work (wire and epoxy) to complete. But they are functional and more importantly, other drivers now know when I plan to turn or change lanes (when I'm on the road).

View attachment 80311

View attachment 80313
Would love to see how you installed these...

Would love to see how you installed these...
I started out the project by filming it to make a YouTube video. But I found wiring problems (prior to my ownership) that sucked all my time up. I had to get it road worthy so I set the camera aside. I might do a quick video about how I did it when it is all said and done. But the step by step video idea has left the building. Got to work with the time you have.