What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished bleeding the brakes after new lines, hoses and rear wheel cylinders. Brake pedal is nice and stiff now. Also was able to drain and replace my AX-5 tranny fluid with some fresh Mobil 1 synthetic 10w-30. Next on the agenda is to install my Tomken Engine/Tranny skid and my Spartan lunchbox locker in my Dana 30.

I'll be honest, it was a bit of a pain in the butt. I was able to get the old ones out pretty easily but even though I had everything jacked up the whole time I had a difficult time getting everything to line up. I was under there with ratchet straps and jacks to get the motor where I needed it to line up. It could also be that I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to working on vehicles but I ultimately got it all accomplished, it just took a little longer than I thought it would.
Well it sounds like me and you are around the same experience level! thank you man for the information do you mind if I ask you a few more questions to kind of help me get a better understanding of what needs to happen?

Absolutely! Ask away.
fuck yeah! how did the brackets fit on the engine? I was looking around on it and saw a few extra holes and was wondering if that's where the new hardware goes? You know how there is 4 more bolts that are supposed to be placed into the engine......where do they insert! Do I need to make them?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
fuck yeah! how did the brackets fit on the engine? I was looking around on it and saw a few extra holes and was wondering if that's where the new hardware goes? You know how there is 4 more bolts that are supposed to be placed into the engine......where do they insert! Do I need to make them?

The bracket is designed for the holes to line up with existing holes/mounts in the engine. If everything lines up properly it should be pretty easy, mine just didn't want to line up nicely so it was a little more work.

I finally braved trying to fix my top so I could use the sunroof part of it. When I put the top on it was still pretty cold out and I couldn't get the material to velcro over the middle bar. Today even though it was still pretty cold, it was sunny. So I pretty much had to undo the majority of the top to try to get the material to move forward enough to velcro it.

It was so nice to be able to have the top open. I did have to undo the back and have hubby's help to close it again though. Can't wait till we get some good 80-90 degree days so I can get the thing to close right with out having to mess with things. LOL

I haven't taken on the freeway yet, but I'm hoping with it velcroed now, it won't flap as much. I will find out soon enough. LOL

The bracket is designed for the holes to line up with existing holes/mounts in the engine. If everything lines up properly it should be pretty easy, mine just didn't want to line up nicely so it was a little more work.
so on my jeep I broke the three original holes!!! So with those gone where are the other 4 holes? Are they already on the engine itself.

so on my jeep I broke the three original holes!!! So with those gone where are the other 4 holes? Are they already on the engine itself.

Yes they are. Two of the holes were busted off on mine and there were multiple factory holes on the engine block for me to connect to. It's much more apparent when you get the old mount off.

Reactions: antonio
Not as exciting as what some of you did today- but it was to the dogs! Smittybilt CRes net came, as did what SB calls a ‘brief’. I didn’t think I was old enough but hey.. Still waiting on control arms. Hopefully between the cargo net and the doggy seatbelts they will have a fun ride. Have a good weekend.

0438AFE7-E801-4B2E-B838-2B4D6B59CA10.jpeg

Yes they are. Two of the holes were busted off on mine and there were multiple factory holes on the engine block for me to connect to. It's much more apparent when you get the old mount off.
Ok cool thank you man I was worried about this! ok next question best way to go about this job. how to support the engine? also what are a few tips that you learned that you wished you knew before starting the job?