What did you do to your TJ today?

Reluctantly turned my tj into a work truck for the week.. my pile of Silverado is stuck in 4wd and a brake line started leaking like a mofo last night.

Painted frame, axles, and skid plate with Steel-It paint. Very pleased with the initial application. Just hoping to protect against Michigan winters.

View attachment 81343

View attachment 81344

View attachment 81345

View attachment 81346
Very Nice! Do you have a build thread? That paint looks like it covers really well. Nice and smooth. Haven't heard of it before. I'll have to check it out. I need to perform a similar deconstruction and reconstruction on mine, before I'll consider it "done."

I unwrapped a few things last night and I got the JK drag link and tie rod in today. All of the Moog was MADE IN THE USA.

IMG_0283.jpg

Very Nice! Do you have a build thread? That paint looks like it covers really well. Nice and smooth. Haven't heard of it before. I'll have to check it out. I need to perform a similar deconstruction and reconstruction on mine, before I'll consider it "done."

No build thread. Looks like we are both in areas that are tough on vehicles. I’m hoping to build this thing to last 20 years in Michigan.

I was very pleased with the paint. I went through just over a gallon of the paint. I saw it advertised on TV one day and thought it was perfect. It is a urethane paint with 316 steel in it. You can weld through the paint (I haven’t tried this yet). It’s available in a spray can or you can buy it from a distributor by the gallon. Later this week I’m going to paint the inside of the frame with the Eastwood paint. Hoping to get a rolling chassis by the end of April.

Reactions: Mike_H
Reactions: azroc909
No build thread. Looks like we are both in areas that are tough on vehicles. I’m hoping to build this thing to last 20 years in Michigan.

I was very pleased with the paint. I went through just over a gallon of the paint. I saw it advertised on TV one day and thought it was perfect. It is a urethane paint with 316 steel in it. You can weld through the paint (I haven’t tried this yet). It’s available in a spray can or you can buy it from a distributor by the gallon. Later this week I’m going to paint the inside of the frame with the Eastwood paint. Hoping to get a rolling chassis by the end of April.
Yeah, Same State, different Coast. Mine actually isn't too bad...the frame is good, the tub...well, lets just say its good from far, far from good. I know I won't be satisfied until it gets replaced and I go through everything though. I'm trying to get most of the "replacement" stuff out of the way before I tear it all down, so I spread out my cost. Also don't want the teardown and rebuild to take forever...which will happen if I don't maintain a plan. "While its apart" is a sentence that causes an eyetwitch for my wife! :)

Reactions: mikespine and DaveC
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Like that look!!! how difficult were the signal lights? Ive read they are a SOB to change? I've got a cracked one I'm replacing shortly, might go to smoked now......
I was quite surprised it was super easy side markers are held by some sort of retaining nut that bites into a plastic pin as you screw it on the inside of the fender. Front signals are just held by screws. Both bulbs are standard twist to unlock from housing.

Reactions: mikespine
I found a passenger side floorboard light in a Jeep at Hubby's work so I snagged it and the light cover from driver side, then installed them in mine. :D I know have 2 floorboard lights. :D

I also put on my newest sticker I made for it. I liked the sticker, I think most can see it's not my husband's Jeep just by looking at it. LOL

jsx+oD1hQveOdbSbtH4dTg.jpg

I found a passenger side floorboard light in a Jeep at Hubby's work so I snagged it and the light cover from driver side, then installed them in mine. :D I know have 2 floorboard lights. :D

I also put on my newest sticker I made for it. I liked the sticker, I think most can see it's not my husband's Jeep just by looking at it. LOL

View attachment 81777
at least it doesnt have purple eyebrows!

at least it doesnt have purple eyebrows!

LOL, yah, was never into the eyebrow thing. I have seen a turquoise jeep in my area that has them. Not for me. :D I do admit I tried the angry eyes, but that didn't work for me an the TJ either. :D

Yeah, Same State, different Coast. Mine actually isn't too bad...the frame is good, the tub...well, lets just say its good from far, far from good. I know I won't be satisfied until it gets replaced and I go through everything though. I'm trying to get most of the "replacement" stuff out of the way before I tear it all down, so I spread out my cost. Also don't want the teardown and rebuild to take forever...which will happen if I don't maintain a plan. "While its apart" is a sentence that causes an eyetwitch for my wife! :)
“While it’s apart” is a very expensive phrase!

That's not good...full rebuild or are you just going to replace the rings and piston?
Not real sure, don't know if I want to replace piston and drive it for the summer and rebuild this fall or just pull it and start rebuilding through the summer

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: mikespine