What did you do to your TJ today?

Started her up and let it run. She's not a daily driver so it sits most of the weeks until weekends :cool:

20190403_184135.jpg

Put Rancho RS5000x shocks on. RS55239 front and RS55241 rear, for 2-3” lift.

The ride is noticeably better (softer) over the OME nitro sports that came with my lift.

Reactions: Capt'n
Hubby got a key made for my center console so I put the cylinder back in the door. Then my cover I bought came in the mail, so I put that on. Just a heads up. It looks nicer in the pics on the website, then it does in person. Not worth the 20+ bucks and shipping.

fullsizeoutput_3671.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Ordered a new set is sliders. Wanted the GenRight mini boatside sliders because they will mate up with my rear stretch armor. I also washed it after last weekends wheeling trip and the vibration I though I created is now gone. just a bit of mud throwing the tires out of balance. Glad it wasn’t anything after all.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
well I was feeling good tonight with my back so I installed the JKS front sway bar disconnects that @Powdermonkey gave me. I bought a few replacement bolts an looked at the installation instructions and it was smooth sailing. I then went through the chore of installing the drivers fender, which made me uninstall other parts to get the 2000 fender to fit on the 05, then reinstall the parts I took off. I still have to order a hood rod catch but it is coming around. I only bled once tonight. Tomorrow I will be able to start installing the rear control arms and shocks. I also am going to use the 2000 windshield washer bottle so I also need to get one of those ordered since I didnt want to drill and cut up the fender to get the 05 bottle to fit the 00 fender.

I also picked up an Edge oversize throttle body brand new for cheap, dirt cheap, they are closing out on them and they had 2 left for the 05/6 and 6 left for the earlier ones. My zone offroad rear sway bar links came in, the 1-1/4 body lift and 1" mml are also in. Those are projects I will tackle later when I do the tummy tuck.
https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55552511

Last edited:
Brief backstory: I got my 06 TJ X from my brother as a "get you back on your feet" gift after getting divorced a few months ago. He bought it brand new. NEVER took the top off.

So not a mod but I feel like I freed the beast yesterday and took the top down for a ride for the first time ever. I'd actually never been in a jeep with the top down until yesterday either and boy...what a feeling! It changed up my whole plans for building it out now.

Replaced the rear main seal. Well, the neighbor did the majority of it, I assisted, he’s the knowledgeable one. I helped by bringing beer and an extra set of hands on the more difficult parts of the project. All the write ups and videos we watched, nobody mentioned that the exhaust had to come off in order to get the oil pan off/on. Which was fine because it led me replacing the O2 sensors on top. Bank 1/1 and bank 2/2 sensors. Replaced the rusting oil pan so I didn’t have to down the road.
This weekend, I’ll be doing the u-joints on the front axles and the front axle seals since I think I damaged one last week changing out my front hub assembly’s. Had a good little puddle of diff. oil on the garage floor a day later. That job doesn’t look terribly difficult but I’m certainly not looking forward to it. A little out of my comfort zone but luckily, there’s YouTube!

Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jason06 and zebra12
Added some new relocated mirrors that I can use permanently in the summer. I got tired of relocating my mirrors from the door to the windshield hinge every summer and back to the door in the winter.

Reactions: RV-TJ
All the bits and pieces for my Super 16" Big Brake kit arrived today...
15544197784171755041936651773741.jpg

Going to change the ball joints at the same time. The current ones appear to be in good shape, but I don't know their history.
Debating if I should preemptively replace the wheel bearings too. (I'll probably leave those until I upgrade to chromoly shafts.)

All the bits and pieces for my Super 16" Big Brake kit arrived today...
View attachment 86323
Going to change the ball joints at the same time. The current ones appear to be in good shape, but I don't know their history.
Debating if I should preemptively replace the wheel bearings too. (I'll probably leave those until I upgrade to chromoly shafts.)
That is prolly 3 bottles of brake fluid more than you need, but I like how you come prepared for anything!

That is prolly 3 bottles of brake fluid more than you need, but I like how you come prepared for anything!
I'll use it eventually. I'm going to flush all of the fluid at the same time. The Super 16 requires a larger bore master cylinder, so bleeding that may take more than normal. I'm also replacing the rubber brake lines with Dorman extended lines. My f150 also specifies DOT 3, so the DOT 4 fluid will work on both vehicles (DOT 4 is automatically DOT 3 compliant.)

Reactions: TJ Starting and ac_
Today was fun ...changed out the rear diff fluid after 500 mile break in from rebuild also got to pull the cover to find where locker tube is leaking... also got to clean all the form a gasket the mechanic used ... all inside and on the bolt ends and threads and outside ...never letting anybody touch my jeep EVER again... oh did I say never