What did you do to your TJ today?

My light bar that I bought to use as a kayak holder showed up today. I have to say, I was surprised the bar wasn't damaged in the shipping. I did check and had 2 sets of bolts so I was able to put it together and install it, but I did contact the company to ask if there is possibly anything missing. It didn't have a parts list so I don't know if more came with it or not. I figure they can send me anything that may be missing.

View attachment 91035

View attachment 91036

View attachment 91037

View attachment 91038

View attachment 91039

It isn't quite tall enough so where one would mount lights, I'm going to have hubby make an extension bar to mount in those. That way it should hold the kayak above the middle bow of the soft top.

We still need to finish the hitch "T" pole, but when we do and I can load the kayak I will of course share. LOL
Yeah that box looked pretty beat up, surprised nothing had fallen out .

Yeah that box looked pretty beat up, surprised nothing had fallen out .

Well I know one thing fell out, but not sure what else came with the bar. On the invoice it had instructions for the person that packed it to include a sticker. That wasn't in there. It also didn't have any kind of paperwork as far as parts list or instructions. Then I also don't know if there is supposed to be end caps for the bottom or if that is how it comes.

The company has started a "ticket" on it, but I haven't found out anything yet. I'm happy with the bar, just would like to have anything that was supposed to come with it, if anything else did? LOL

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Started off building a new tire carrier to replace the cut off and seized up one the PO had on there. Found the bumper rusting from the inside out. With some grinding, cutting, welding and fitting and now have a new bumper/hitch combo on the back.

Not a bad weekends work. Still no tire carrier though. [emoji23]
400c45ddc9b0ab91ee3e4955ea3ba958.jpg
1ddd27c5a10e03abd395bc09dc7c06b7.jpg
51048e9c5c7d88f2ce77a02c37452df1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

I've been researching quite a bit since this issue showed up. Looks like the life expectancy of the NV3550 is generally shorter than the AX15. Plug my previous Jeeps all had Aisin Warner transmissions and I've never had one fail. All with more miles than this one has. Some of it can be chalked up to the PO but a lot of it has to fall on the model of tranny installed.

Plus this was the era where Mercedes owned Chrysler and a lot of MB vehicles from that era had transmission problems as well. Don't know that it's related but there is a correlation.
Thanks for responding.

Due to the minor bout of Death-wobble, I swapped out all of the steering Tie rod ends and drag link. I have an appt for 4 wheel alignment on Thursday, but in the mean time it is feeling much better

Last edited:
Is that regular spray paint or that Plasti-Dip stuff?

Looks like you’re doing a good job at.