What did you do to your TJ today?

Where did you find the speaker wire color codes?

Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Brown w/ Red stripe
Right Front (+) Purple
Right Front (-) Blue
Left Rear (+) Brown w/ Yellow stripe
Left Rear (-) Brown w/ Blue stripe
Right Rear (+) Blue w/ White stripe
Right Rear (-) Blue w/ Orange stripe

Reactions: TDB55
Getting it smog ... fingers crossed...

20200125_113415.jpg

Swapped out the headlights for the WHDZs. Now waiting on darkness to see how the do. A question to the others that have installed these. Did you have to re-aim them?

Before:
20200125_131253.jpg

After:
20200125_134942.jpg

finished up the dash and panel change to SEM satin black from whatever that OEM dirt color was
dash.jpg
changed the hardtop interior from dirty ice chest lid color to SEM satin black
hardtop.jpg
sprayed the sport bars with Dupli-Color Imperfect Match
sportbar.jpg
sprayed the rear bars with Dupli-Color Imperfect Match
straightacrossbar.jpg

Removed the bumper milk jugs. I have the flat end caps in my Amazon cart and will get them eventually.

Purchased two new footwell light bulbs and replaced the old ones (blown). I now have footwell lights and I can see!

Replaced reverse light bulbs hoping that was why reverse lights don’t work. Wrong. Replaced fuse for the heck of it. No change. Will now research the reverse light switch in the tranny.

Also helped the paw in law replace the battery on his 97 TJ. Nice afternoon!

Did you have any problems putting the 6.25 inch speakers in the sound bar? In the front what is the bracket for that you have to cut out to put the 5.25 inch speakers in? I’m getting ready to put these size speakers in today

Sorry for my late response, didn't get to reply to you earlier since I have been doing my lift today!
Either way, here it is:

No, I didn't have any problema putting 6.25 in sound bar. I drilled new holes and that's about it.
Bracket on front is something you will see as soon as you open it. :)
Although, apparently if your TJ is newer you don't have it.
Did you end up doing this today?
How did it go?

Wednesday, I got my 4:88's installed as well as new front wheel bearings.
WHAT a difference with the 4:88's. Like a new TJ. As all others have said, I should have done it sooner :)

Let us know how the cable install goes. Need to bite the bullet and do that myself.
If it is similar to the Novak I installed, the installation is fairly easy. Adjusting the cable took a few test drives and wishing for tiny hands (temporarily) but worth it.

If it is similar to the Novak I installed, the installation is fairly easy. Adjusting the cable took a few test drives and wishing for tiny hands (temporarily) but worth it.
When I installed my Savvy I adjusted it with no test drives. Before I connected the cable to the t-case I noted the position of the input lever at both 2 hi and 4 low. Then adjusted the adjustment nuts at both ends to make sure enough cable was exposed for the throw of both the shifter and input lever. Attached at the shifter first, had the shifter and t-case in 4 hi and then attached to input lever. Only took two trips underneath to get it adjusted and tightened down. Nice smooth shifting t-case.

When I installed my Savvy I adjusted it with no test drives. Before I connected the cable to the t-case I noted the position of the input lever at both 2 hi and 4 low. Then adjusted the adjustment nuts at both ends to make sure enough cable was exposed for the throw of both the shifter and input lever. Attached at the shifter first, had the shifter and t-case in 4 hi and then attached to input lever. Only took two trips underneath to get it adjusted and tightened down. Nice smooth shifting t-case.
Oops, I meant 2 hi.

Swapped out the headlights for the WHDZs. Now waiting on darkness to see how the do. A question to the others that have installed these. Did you have to re-aim them?

Before:
View attachment 136490

After:
View attachment 136491

I did not have to adjust mine. They look way brighter. And like you may be blinding others at first. But just look for flashbacks. As long as no one is hitting their high beams at you your fine. I've never had a high beam flash at me. and I never adjusted them. Give it a few nights. If no flashbacks and your happy with the aim. I'd leave them alone.

Reactions: GaTechTJ
Changed the oil in my TJ and rotated the tires. Basic maintenance day. Also started receiving a code for p0302 CEL. Had a rough idle for about a week before that was happy to know where to search. Turns out the spark plug had gone bad. The strange thing is they plugs only have about 7k on them as I changed them about 6 months ago. Autolite XP985. Was running great till the rough idle. Oh well, happy it was an easy fix.

Lots of little stuff:
- Oil filter and oil(mixed with ZDDP additive for break in)
-Primed the oil pump
-Timed(I Hope!) the OPDA
-Bolted the torque converter to the flywheel.
-Tightened up the MMs
-Installed the intake and exhaust manifolds (PITA!). I don't know how this could be done with the fender on!
-And figured out where most of the wiring goes and the heater hoses and A/C lines go. Good thing I left everything loose, as I put the cart before the horse a few times.

I'm waiting on a new injector before I permanently attach all the wiring, etc. Still need to buy coolant and new A/C o-rings.

I'm kinda driving myself nuts thinking about first start. Initial break in is 20 minutes of 2000-2500 RPM to break in the cam and lifters but I'm worried about bleeding/burping the cooling system at the same time and hoping the timing is close enough to run at 2000rpm. Anyone have any insight?

CF970265-0B3C-483C-8BA7-A38013E274FB.jpeg

Swapped out the dome light in the sound bar and the courtesy lights to LED. 🙂

Discovered I'm missing the round cover on the driver side courtesy light. :cautious:

Ebay has them....:unsure:

I'll have one next week. :cool:

Life is Good!

Reactions: Shamu and Blondie70
spent about 2 hours rinsing off everything then parked it in the barn for the rest of the winter with the Willys.
i thought it was clean but holy wow, i pulled down the plastic at the rear corners of the tub in front of the rear bumper and blasted a bunch of silty mud out as well as sticking the nozzle in the 2 rail like supports under the floor boards on the bottom of the tub and was amazed how much dirt came out as well. i need to look into a small sewer jet wand attachment for the pressure washer next to fish into small areas in the future because i know its still not clean lol.

Screenshot.png

i've procrastinated getting it in storage for too long, but also have a valid reason as i have reliability/starting issues with my beater pickup. truck has a fuel related issue i know for sure. suspect its a faulty fuel pressure regulator on the new multi port fuel injector assembly... fingers crossed. just hard to get started and bucks for a bit then clears up. waiting on weather to cooperate now so i can stick a borescope in the plenum and check for fuel/or physically see/smell it.

Placed a couple orders this morning too, got some miscellaneous small dealer parts coming as well as clutch kit, front wheel hubs, universal joints. figure it will give me something to do while the rest of the "winter" passes.

Tune up - Autolite double platinum plugs, Accel distributor cap and rotor, and wires. It runs so much better, more responsive. The old Champion OEM plugs looked ok, there was some brown build up on the contacts in the distributor cap. I had a misfire on two cylinders a month ago, never was sure what caused that.
1ABB9FCA-1C5E-423F-A101-5A09967A4F7F.jpeg