What did you do to your TJ today?

Continuing my pointless and ever-changing rear bumper/tire carrier endeavors, I grabbed this Warn rear bumper for $250 off Facebook on my way home from the Outer Banks. Going to clean up the Rugged Ridge Spartacus hinge system and install this bumper to see how I like it. Then most likely sell the other setup i just refinished/installed
387BDCE8-8BEE-49CC-9793-91F7E0768005.jpeg

Still working on the head unit and CB install. Got the pair of sleeves to fit the Metra escutcheon, working on my sky high SWR problem with my friend via email. Its starting to look like I don't have a real SWR problem, it just might be the darn SWR meter! Dummy load indicates an SWR of almost 3!

Will be soldering up the head unit's pigtail to the Metra provided pigtail tonite...

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Replaced the K&N intake with stock.

Swapped out the horribly oxidized hood latches with new ones (the picture doesn't begin to show how drastically different the old/ new are).

Took it out for a spin to get a few more miles on after the Wranglerfix install (about 2 weeks ago) and airbox swap to make sure it's running smooth for this weekend's deer hunt scouting!
20200830_161538.jpg
20200904_153138.jpg
20200830_161545.jpg

I finally got to put some hours in on my project today. Made a custom shift knob out of an old output shaft from a TC on another TJ, and had to make a custom shift stock since the location of the tranny moved when I did the engine swap and all that. Satisfied with it... for now... ha ha. Took care of a couple little wiring things, installed the radiator and electric fan. And started installing some flat fenders I got for a steal online a while back but hadn’t gotten around to putting them on. It’s a little nerve wracking chopping up the old fenders, but I think they’re turning out well. I’ll finish the install on those tomorrow and possibly wire in the tiny flashers the fenders came with.

87FEDB51-25C0-46AD-B46A-B55FAC35FDAC.jpeg

A05BDFAB-2DF1-4D43-B6F8-A11120926DD1.jpeg

C59A3905-EE84-4851-A1CF-67CB665C2A03.jpeg

74CB58E2-95B8-4259-90AC-FBE198B56778.jpeg

Put it up for sale so I can get a yuppie electric Jeep next year. :rolleyes: WTF! Did Biden get elected early by scam mail in ballots or the world come to an end (same thing) when I was asleep?
Bets on how much faster one of those Fiats will catch fire than a Jeep?

Also somewhere a factory robot is laughing.
IMG_20200905_172142175_HDR.jpg

First time I've seen em weld the nuts on..

Drove 200 miles to go Jeepin , buddy and I had the right gear to self recover, and the only code thrown was the ambient battery temp sensor which went away when I cleaned the mud out from the engine bay. 90% of the above due to what I’ve learned here so thanks to everyone who’s taken the time to post and share.