What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished installing the automatic door locks today. As I was doing it I set them up so that I can use both my half doors and full doors and have the locks work by installing a 2nd set in the half doors.

Used standard water resistant automotive plugs. While I was making the wiring harnesses for the full doors I also added in the wiring for if I ever decide to do power windows as I will have the controls in the center dash like on my JT so will only need the 2 wires running to each door. By doing it this way, it also allows me to use the same plug types for the half doors even though they won't have the harness for the windows.

For the receiver I mounted that under the dash and soldered on additional wire to the antenna and ran that up to the top of the dash right in front of the steering wheel so I didn't have any blockage on the signal. I'm able to unlock the doors from almost 100ft now.

Last thing to install will be some door straps for a JL/JT as they have the sleeve for the wiring harness integrated into them. Ordered them from my dealer and just waiting on them to arrive to replace the current door straps.

View attachment 191525
View attachment 191526
View attachment 191527
View attachment 191528
Very nice!

Repaired cracks on my half and full door panels today. Filled in smooth, and once painted, you won't ever know they were there. Details are in my build thread!
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg

Picked up a TJ winch plate for free on Facebook Marketplace. And today got the rest of the parts I need to get the winch up and running.

3F592C49-7CBC-44E8-BEE8-A768DCB9C8F8.jpeg

100’ of 3/8” synthetic line
New hook
New hawse fairlead
New battery cables

So the plan this weekend is to separate the winch from the CJ plate, cut the ends off the TJ plate and weld them onto the CJ plate, which is about 6” too narrow for the TJ frame. Once I get the plate painted and the winch cleaned up, I’ll get everything put together.

And my new fuel pump came in. Sick of clearing P0462, so I’m looking forward to dropping the tank and getting that done too.

I lock the doors with a soft top. If they want in they break windows anyway. Plastic or glass. I keep everything out of sight in any car.

I know people that leave their cars with glass windows unlocked and empty of stuff, because they've had windows broken.

Reactions: Fonz54
Hit 170k miles today in the breezy open-air commute in this morning.

20200924_073957.jpg

This pic reminds me that I still need to re-calibrate the speedometer after gear change and get an ABS/SRS capable scanner/diag tool.