What did you do to your TJ today?

I’m in!! No angry eyes allowed.
What! Angry eyes will give it that "Dick Dastardly" look

dickdast.jpg

What happened...did you overstay your welcome in a parking spot ?
Went to go for a drive and something was banging like a driveshaft was falling out. Nothing felt loose and it's too hot and humid (95/100%) for me to screw with figuring it out. A trusted mechanic is 2 miles away, but I couldn't take the chance of driving it. $50 tow fee and he gives free estimates. I should know what's wrong in about 7 hours (when his shop opens). Then I will decide if I want to fix it or let him.

Went to go for a drive and something was banging like a driveshaft was falling out. Nothing felt loose and it's too hot and humid (95/100%) for me to screw with figuring it out. A trusted mechanic is 2 miles away, but I couldn't take the chance of driving it. $50 tow fee and he gives free estimates. I should know what's wrong in about 7 hours (when his shop opens). Then I will decide if I want to fix it or let him.
Lets hope its a simple quick fix then.

Last edited:
Reactions: matkal
The Meguiar's Ultimate Black that supposedly lasts for 100 car washes. washes off with a decent rain.
That has been my experience. One or two good rains and it's gone. I've done this trick on fender flares as well. It takes a lot of work there, but the results can be pretty impressive.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
That has been my experience. One or two good rains and it's gone. I've done this trick on fender flares as well. It takes a lot of work there, but the results can be pretty impressive.
I just used the Cerakote Trim kit on my trucks faded black trim pieces and it worked very well. Many people have said it lasts very long however it does not come out perfect. From a few feet away it looks good as new though.

Reactions: Blondie70 and Irun