What did you do to your TJ today?

No wonder they look so good, mine have to be some aftermarket the previous own put on because mine have a slight concave on the backs? Or is this normal for their other stock flares?
See how mine bow in slightly on back, this really messes with my OCD too? lol
View attachment 264232
You need the 4 1/4 Rubi or Sahara flares they are a bit deeper on the sides as well as wider so they hold their shape better at the bends.

Working on my new sound system... Day 3
Rockford Fosgate in-dash and in the soundbar. Alpine CDE 172BT. (Now to find the brackets to mount that in properly.)
Again, I am mechanical... I'll work on motors, but electrical and I don't get along.

647555151.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

647554904.jpg

Working on my new sound system... Day 3
Rockford Fosgate in-dash and in the soundbar. Alpine CDE 172BT. (Now to find the brackets to mount that in properly.)
Again, I am mechanical... I'll work on motors, but electrical and I don't get along.

View attachment 264316

View attachment 264317

View attachment 264318
You should have shopped at Crutchfield. It took me around an hour to install everything (stereo and 4 speakers). All plug and play on mine though. All Hardware and adapters included.

DSC00424.JPG

Spent most of the day grinding off the head of the forward recovery hook bolt that spun its nut inside the frame. The objective was to get the rear bumper off, so I can do some cleanup/rustproofing of the rearmost part of the frame - which is the rustiest on this Jeep. Not bad, but needs attention. Then I can install the rear bumper braces (Next Venture Motorsports), and put the stock rear bumper back on for the time being as I'm not quite ready to get the new one fabbed up.

Note to self: 3 inch hoop earrings are a nuisance when working under the Jeep. Wear something smaller next time!

Good point Zorba , Additionally was the face shield just an afterthought or couldn't you find an ANSI approved Veil ?:LOL:

Hope things go smoothly with the bolt removal !
Fresh out of ANSI approved veils, damn it! Sometimes ya just gots to do whatcha gots to do!

All bolts off, bumper on the ground. Wire wheeling is next...

Fresh out of ANSI approved veils, damn it! Sometimes ya just gots to do whatcha gots to do!

All bolts off, bumper on the ground. Wire wheeling is next...
Great news! beat that rust back before it beats you!
Good move on using the outboard bumper braces: simple , strong , easy to install.

Reactions: John Cooper
Great news! beat that rust back before it beats you!
Good move on using the outboard bumper braces: simple , strong , easy to install.
I've got 99% of what I need to fab my own rear bumper - but as I haven't run a bead in probably 40 years or more, somebody else is going to do the actual welding. But I'm tired of looking at these braces, so I'm going to get them put on.

Replaced rear sway bushings with some white lithium grease. Hopefully stop the squeaking from the rear.
Also put some stuff on the back of the front brake pads to stop them squeaking too.
Did some more online shopping and got some LED driving lights from Australia. Hopefully get them next week to install. A brand called Stedi if anyone has heard of them. Pretty good quality

09F2D5AF-A6A7-4A43-825C-A22E9D64C3EE.jpeg

Then took the Chevy out for a drive
04E5BDA4-FDEC-4B56-A600-5492A3291791.jpeg