What did you do to your TJ today?

I sprayed some PB blaster on the body mount bolts where my nerf bars connect. My rock hard step rails will be here tomorrow, of course I fly out for 6 days of work. Gonna soak them again tomorrow before I leave.

Also drove it to get a hair cut! #adulting

Time to go pound beer by the pool and finish this vacation strong !💪🏼

Rosco P. Heeler

74CBD6AC-263B-4044-85D6-CAE678D84C3C.jpeg

Three days and a few headaches later!
Loki has a new sound system!
Just in time for a drive to ABQ and to sit at the airport for two weeks.

Am I the only one who pulls the negative cable off their battery if they’re going to have their vehicle parked for more than a week? I mainly do it as a theft deterrent. That way they can’t get in there and hotwire it and get out. They will have to pop the hood.

8A4514F1-9A95-4B3A-81B4-23D4A759D2A3.jpeg

it began as a simple exploratory surgery, to see if my roll bars were all red or half-assed:

IMG_9140.JPG

it ended with a full blown exorcism :oops:

IMG_9142.JPG

:ROFLMAO:

IMG_9154.JPG

tomorrow I'll address the bars above the doors, looks to be straight black pipes, but with the soft top surround, thing, on there I'm not sure taking the padding off of them would even be noticeable. If'n I one day make the move far enough south & toss the full doors I'll rip all that crap off, including the top itself, really clean things up & make it a permanent topless sled

I think every Jeep owner is like this.

View attachment 264502
yup, I just can't stop picking at the scab, couldn't wait until tomorrow on the remaining pads, realized those plastic frames pop right out with two hand bolts up top, unzipped & yanked the remaining covers/padding off & reattached my grab handles, much cleaner look now:
IMG_9160.JPG
IMG_9161.JPG

God only knows what part of my Jeep'll end up in the trash next weekend

Installed new plugs in my 05 LJ. Even though the originals only had 34k kilometres on them, I figured being 16 years old I didnt want them seizing in the block.

These looks pretty bad to me considering only 34k kilometres. Installed NGK OEM replacements. Also the gap on the originals was way more than .035 as per service manual, new ones came pre-gapped at .032 so I left them at that. Service manual lists range of .030-.035.

Thoughts on these plugs? Cylinder 5 insulator looks whiter than the rest..

AFF91F1B-053D-46EA-B415-D35E163B123A.jpeg

Cylinder 1,2,3,4,5,6
8417E955-1F4C-4418-A0EF-1B965E9E93DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the coil rail with new mopar rail, that damn plug is always a pain in the ass for me to figure out how to contortion my arm and hands to get enough grip to slip it off the back of the rail.

cleaned, lubed rear passenger disc caliper assembly. all my brake calipers are completed with cleaning now.

replaced the rear sway links and mounting bushings with new mopar parts, gone with the noisy shitty Moog parts. them blue thermoplastic sway bar mounting bushings are garbage, I get about a year out of them on everything I have used them on before the ID opens up way larger than the sway bar. never purchasing them again.

replaced the clutch master/slave cylinder & clutch interlock switch. pedal pushrod no longer falls out of the master cylinder.

removed the banks muffler and went back to the original. doing this without cutting pipes to get the whole thing out in one piece involves supporting the rear with floor jacks just behind the skid plate, removing the joint from the rear diff, dropping the skid, removing the lower bolt from the passenger rear shock & removing the nut off the passenger side control arm parking brake cable support.

I entered Woodstock in this morning's Cruise-in. It's been way too hot here to do much else... the high today was 112.5 😖
There was a really cool Nomad with an awesome patina and turquoise interior I wanted 😎
That yellow jeep looks great. What size tyres and lift does it have ?